Scene 40

Laney rushes down the stairs to find Addison and Frank waiting.

Frank: So? How did it go?

Laney: I’m not getting suspended! Only a few months of detentions! I'm positively thrilled!

Frank: I bet Scarlett won’t be though. I heard she was trying to get rid of you.

Laney: Well, she didn’t succeed.

Addison: Why does she have it out for you anyways?

Laney: Something about power, I’m not entirely sure.

As the three converse, Matilda passes by.

Matilda: Laney! I got you something! It's to show my appreciation for helping me.

Laney: Helping you?

Matilda: You helped me escape from Scarlett! I couldn’t thank you enough. Here!

Matilda pulls out a bracelet, shimmering with colors of dark blue and bronze.

Laney: Thank you Matilda, this is beautiful! I should be thanking you as well. You’ve helped me tons. More than you’ll ever know.

Matilda smiles, and skips away.

Addison: A friendship bracelet! I wonder if she listens to Taylor Swift!

Laney and Frank (simultaneously): Taylor who?

Addison sighs.

Addison: I have a lot to teach you both.

The three begin to walk, Addison explaining to them about the singer. The camera pans out. There is a happy feeling in the atmosphere, yet something lurks. The screen goes black.