Scene 3

At last, the Hogwarts Express stopped. The 1st years are let off of the train as the others gathered themselves up and prepared to go. Laney and Addison are now seen in their robes, Laney’s black with blue and Addison’s black with yellow. They were then allowed to hop off the train and into the carriages. Addison and Laney take a carriage with a shy, timid boy- Frank Longbottom jr.

Scene cut to The Great Hall. Everyone is gathered, sitting at their respective house tables as McGonagall and the Sorting Hat sit at the front, in front of all of the teacher’s chairs and ready to begin the sorting ceremony.

McGonagall: Good evening students and staff, and welcome to another wonderful year here at Hogwarts. Before we start our sorting ceremony, there are a few things I’d like to remind you all of. First off, no student is to wander off into the Forbidden Forest unless a teacher is present, and this is only when a detention occurs. Second, no student from another house is to wander into the different common rooms or dorm rooms. As always, the restricted section of the library is off limits to students unless given permission by a teacher, and please, do not try to bring back Voldemort or any dangerous wizard of the past. Now, let the sorting ceremony commence!

The Great Hall erupted into cheers. Then, everyone was silenced, and the sorting commenced. McGonagall reads off a parchment.

McGonagall: Clemmet, Samual

A boy comes up and the Sorting Hat is placed upon his head.

Sorting Hat: Oh I know just where to put you! Slytherin!

The Slytherin table cheers as they welcome a new member to their house.

McGonagall: Wormwood, Emma

A timid girl makes her way over and takes a seat. After a few moments, she is sorted.

Sorting Hat: Ravenclaw!

The Ravenclaw table cheers, Laney clapping alongside them.

McGonagall: Blotch, Caroline

The girl makes her way over and takes a seat.

Sorting Hat: Hmmm…. Hufflepuff!

The Hufflepuff table cheers, Addison clapping alongside them.