Scene 31

We’re now in the Headmistress’s office.

Professor McGonagall: Do take a seat. If this matter is important as you say it is, then we’ll be here for a while.

Scarlett sits down on a chair. She sets the case down beside her.

Scarlett: I have a suspicion that a student is breaking the rules.

Professor McGonagall: Well, students break the rules everyday. Is this just a silly rule put in place decades ago, or a serious matter?

Scarlett: Depends on what you’d classify as serious.

She sets the case on the desk.

Scarlett: I have reason to believe that Laney Scamander has followed in her family’s footsteps and has brung multiple dangerous creatures into this school.

Professor McGonagall: Do you have proof of this?

Scarlett nods, and unlocks the case. She turns the case to face McGonagall, who looks inside.

Professor McGonagall: A very well done extension charm if I do say so myself. Well, I have proof of the case’s existence, but without permission, I’m not able to venture on farther than I already have. We’ll be in touch over this matter.

Scarlett shuts the case and makes her way to the door.

Professor McGonagall: Oh, and Scarlett?

Scarlett: Yes professor?

Professor McGonagall: When you see Miss Scamander, give her case back to her, and do inform her that she’s needed in my office immediately.

Scarlett: Yes professor.

Scarlett goes out of McGonagall’s office, smirking.

Scarlett: Everything is going exactly the way it should be.

The screen goes black.