Scene 20

We’re now in the midst of December. Hogwarts is decorated in garland, snow, christmas trees, and sparkly things. Laney is down in her case, taking note of the Octoplus and their behaviors.

A rustling noise is heard. A few glasses break, and the sound of paws fade out.

Laney: Blasted Niffler!

Laney sets down her notebook and rushes off to her workshop, where a few vials and a jar of eyeballs are broken. Laney points her wand at the broken glass.

Laney: Reparo.

The glass is magically put back together, the eyeballs now in its jar. They float up to her desk and are set down. Laney now begins searching her workshop for the Niffler. She then sees that her case is open.

Laney: Oh Merlin’s beard, it's gotten out!

Laney hurriedly climbs out of her case, latches it shut, picks it up, and searches around the Forbidden Forest frantically.

Laney: Oh come on, where in the wizarding world did you run off to?

She continues to search, now exiting the forest. Addison makes her way over.

Addison: Hey, sorry, I got caught up in a game of Gobstones! What are you looking for?

Laney: That bloody Niffler managed to escape! For some reason, the lid of my case was open! I could have sworn that I shut it!

Addison: Right, let's not panic now. It couldn’t have gotten far. Let’s search the castle!

Laney: Oh, I can only imagine what it’d be getting into there!

The two hurry off to the castle.