Scene 16

Addison, Laney, and Frank are seen walking down to Hagrid’s hut for Care of Magical Creatures. They’re bundled up in their scarves, hats, and mittens. A thick layer of snow coats the ground.

Hagrid: Hurry along now, I got somethin’ to show yeh all! Yer gonna love it!

Frank: This seems promising!

The students gather around in a circle around Hagrid and a mysterious cage that's covered in a tarp that rattles.

Hagrid: Thought this’d be nice for today since it's a bit cold out. Meet Sam!

Hagrid pulls the tarp off of the cage and low and behold, a small sized dragon is seen; A Ukrainian Ironbelly. The students gasp, some terrified, some intrigued.

Hagrid: He’s a Ukrainian Ironbelly! Managed to convince one of me friends to let me borrow one. Don’t be shy now, you can get closer!

A few students scoot near the dragon. They have an astonished look on their faces.

Hagrid: Now, these are very powerful dragons, they are. They’re some of the slowest dragons, but doesn’t mean they aren’t powerful! Small this one is, hasn’t grown to its full potential yet, but once it does, ye’ll want to look out!

Addison: I’ve never seen a dragon before! This is so cool!

Many students chat excitedly about the dragon. Hagrid allows them to get a bit closer. He watches them, beaming.