Scene 33

Laney is seen walking up the spiral staircase that leads to the Headmistress’s office. She knocks on the door. Faint footsteps are heard. McGonagall opens the door.

McGonagall: Good to see you Miss Scamander. Please, do come in.

Laney nods, and enters.

Laney: Scarlett said you needed to see me?

McGonagall: Yes, that's correct. I wanted to speak to you on a certain matter.

Laney: Right, yes. What might that be exactly?

McGonagall: Your case. You wouldn’t mind if I had a look at it, would you?

Laney: Might I ask why?

McGonagall: I’ve heard from a student that your case might contain dangerous creatures, is that correct?

Laney looks at McGonagall in a bit of disbelief.

Laney: Dangerous creatures? Why on earth would I carry dangerous creatures in my suitcase?

McGonagall: I want you to note that I’m not in any way jumping to conclusions, this is just the information that I’ve been given. But, you do know that owning multiple creatures is against the rules.

Laney: Yes, of course.

McGonagall: Well, if the accusations are false, then you’ll be on your way.

Laney nods. She's seen walking to the door, but stops hesitantly.

Laney: I wouldn’t ever lie to you professor, just so you know.

McGonagall smiles, gently nodding.

McGonagall: I have no doubt that you ever would.

Laney nods, and heads out of McGonagall’s office.