Scene 36

The three stand in Laney’s workshop. Frank is absolutely astonished- he’s never seen anything like this in his entire life.

Frank: This is… amazing! And I thought I’ve seen it all!

Addison: This isn’t even all of it!

Frank: What? There’s more?

Laney: Yeah, I’ve got a few friends outside. Do you want to meet some of them?

Frank: Well now you’ve got me curious!

Laney opens the door and leads them out of her workshop and out onto the grounds.

Laney: Follow me. I wouldn’t advise touching anything, they might feel threatened to having a newcomer around.

She heads over to a large pile of shiny coins, jewelry, and gold bars.

Laney: I’ve got some visitors.

Laney kneels down as ginger, black, and white Nifflers come out of their hiding places.

Laney: This is Tom, Ruby, and Noah.

The Nifflers rush over to Frank, sniffing his shoes.

Laney: Addison’s met them all a time or two. They’re quite friendly, just watch their claws.

Frank: Amazing!

He kneels down to pet the Nifflers. Laney turns to Addison.

Laney: We might have a bit of a problem.

Addison: What is it?

Laney: I lied to McGonagall.

Addison: Who hasn’t?

Laney: I lied to her about keeping creatures! She’s on to me!

Addison: I’m sure she won’t find out. You’ve kept them all these years, and she has yet to find out!

Laney: Yeah, that's because nobody else knew that I kept them! Now I’ve got a girl who hates my guts and is out for vengeance who knows why!

Addison: Yeah, that is a bit of a problem compared to previous bumps in the road.

Laney: I’m worried! What if I get expelled?

Addison: Laney, everything will be okay! Besides, your great grandfather got expelled from Hogwarts, and look where he ended up!

Laney: True, but I’m not him.

Addison: You’re right. You’re better!

Laney smiles.

Laney: Thanks.

Addison smiles.

Addison: It's what friends are for.

Laney: So, my confidence rises but as does the problem. What do we do?

Addison: Perhaps Hagrid would know!

Laney: Yes, great idea!

Laney rushes off towards her workshop.

Addison: Oh, we’re going right now! Come on Frank!

Frank waves goodbye to the Nifflers, and he and Addison head off after Laney.