Chapter 6

Charlie awoke to voices. "What is she doing here?" A voice snapped. She blinked once. Twice. Then she recognized the voice that belonged to Kylie.

Charlie refrained from gasping and shut her eyes, pretending to be asleep. If she remembered correctly, she was at Logan's house. She must have feel asleep in little Brayden's room. Yep, she confirmed, as she saw Brayden sound asleep, rolled up into a ball beside her on the bed.

She shut her eyes again, praying Kylie wouldn't know she was awake. What was Kylie doing here at Logan's house? This didn't make any sense.

Logan walked in, "Oh, crap. I didn't even know she was here."

Kylie said, "What do you mean you didn't know she was here?"

Charlie still couldn't wrap her fingers around it. Kylie, a senior, her best friend, who hated everyone, especially people like Logan was here at Logan's house. The junior? The jerk? The egotistical bastard.

"I had a party last night, remember!"

She glared, "Yeah, I remember. Char and Luce were practically begging me to come, but I didn't want to be seen with you. It might blow our cover."

What cover? What the hell was going on? Charlie thought. She couldn't take it. She opened her eyes slightly, peeking through. Luckily, both Logan and Kylie's gazes were transfixed on each other, and not looking at Charlie.

Logan finally smiled genuinely. Charlie gaped, because Logan was actually smiling. Not smirking. Not cackling. Not evilly grinning. He was actually smiling. Nicely.

He walked over to her and brushed hair out of her face, "Aw babe. You care so much about me you're willing to stay away from me to save our relationship." His voice softened, "You know, Kylie, I don't care if people know about us. In fact, I think I might like that... a lot. I wouldn't have to flirt with every girl at our school if that was the case."

She closed the gap and they both embraced in a long hug and an even longer kiss.

The realization finally hit Charlie. Logan and Kylie were secretly dating. Kylie? Dating? She suppressed a scoff. And Logan? "Settling down?" Yeah, as if! No wonder Logan never showed up to a waiting Lauren. Because he was secretly in a relationship with Kylie. But why? Why was it such a big secret?

As if reading her thoughts, Kylie sighed, "I know. I want that too, I just don't want to be seen like that. My friends would totally treat me weirdly and embarrass me, and it would be so uncomfortable. I'm sorry, Lo. You know I want us to be public, right?"

He nodded and she smirked, "Plus, we wouldn't want your friends to think you're whipped, right?"

He rolled his eyes playfully, "You should get out of here so I can wake Charlie up and tell her to leave."

She winked and popped open a button of her shirt. Charlie closed her eyes quickly, not wanting to see anything that wasn't PG. "I'll be waiting. In your room." She flirtatiously whispered in a seductive voice.

Charlie winced. Before she could register what was happening, she was shaken awake by an unsuspecting Logan. "What?" She mumbled, pretending to be tired.

"You have to get out of here. Now!" He said in an urgent voice. "Get out!" She could practically see the lust dripping from his eyes.

Charlie mumbled curses under her breath, "Have fun with the sex, bastard." She muttered, still unbelieving of his and Kylie's relationship. Charlie was offended that Kylie would think Charlie and Lucy would treat her weirdly. A boy wouldn't ever make their friendship weird.

"What?" A disbelieving Logan said. "Nothing." Charlie mumbled and looked over. She planted a kiss on Brayden's forehead and whispered to Logan, "Tell him Charlie said bye, okay?" And she walked out of the room and out of the house to find her car waiting for her.