Chapter 25

Strong arms pulled her out of the cafeteria and into a tiny closet. Judging by the mops and cleaning tools, Charlie guessed that it was the janitors closet.

She looked up to see who her kidnapper was, and saw Oliver staring back down at her.

Charlie couldn't look him in the eye, seeing as he as well as the whole school knew what Charlie looked like naked.

"Charlie..." He trailed off.

She blankly stared at the floor. She was surprised she wasn't crying, but she was just in shock.

Suddenly, Charlie's body started contracting and she toppled to the floor. Oliver screamed for help. Charlie felt her eyes rolling back in her head. Oliver was rushing to open the door. She barely made out when he said, "Charlie, Charlie?! I'm getting the nurse. J-Just, oh god." And his footsteps were leaving.

Charlie felt eyes staring at her almost lifeless body. Right before she completely blacked out, she saw Caleb staring at her body from a distance. He turned and swiveled away just as the blackness around her swallowed her in.

-----

Charlie's eyes opened as she looked around her. It turned out she was surrounded by flowers, and teddy bears. She finally understood that she was in a hospital room.

Her throat was dry when the door creaked open to reveal a pretty nurse.

"Oh my!" She called into the hallway, "Room 132's patient is awake!" She said to no one in particular, mostly just shouted it for the world to hear.

She then clicked the door closed behind her and walked over to Charlie. She sheepishly smiled. Charlie tried to open her mouth to speak, but found that no words came out.

The woman got a cup of crushed ice and put it in Charlie's mouth.

Charlie gratefully smiled and was able to speak, "C-Caleb." She croaked.

A doctor and a few nurses walked into to take Charlie's stables and once they were done, they rushed out, probably to tell any visitors that Charlie might have.

"Caleb?" The pretty red-headed nurse from before said, "That must be the cute boy in the waiting room for you, huh?" She winked at Charlie. "I'll go get him for you, sweetie." She walked out.

Charlie sighed, thinking about what she would even say to Caleb. He must have recorded her and given the video to the school. Whatever, she thought, I just need answers. Just for once in my life.

Much to Charlie's disappointment, Caleb wasn't the one who walked into the room. It was Oliver.

"Hi Charlie." He mumbled walking over to her. He looked pained at the sight of so many tubes plugged into her.

She shut her eyes. "Where's Caleb?"

"He didn't show up. I'm sorry Charlie."

"Oh." She simply said, feeling tears well up in her eyes.

"Why do you want to see that jerk after what he did to you?" Oliver asked softly but also angrily.

"Because I love him." Charlie whispered.

Oliver shrugged. Charlie continued, "Is anyone else out there?"

"Your family, and Kylie."

"What about Lucy?" Charlie croaked.

"After the video... Lucy was talking to Miranda-" Charlie gulped. That was the girl that Luke had cheated on her with- "And she said some really mean things about you, Charlie. I don't think Lucy is a real friend."