Chapter 33

She was in Kevin's arms as her eyes fluttered open. It was difficult to pull away from his grasp, because every time she pulled away, his grip would tighten.

"So much for taking it slow." She whispered jokingly, brushing his hair out of his ears. As creepy as it sounded, she liked the look of him sleeping. It was the only time she had seen him looking imperfect. Contrary to movies, when he was asleep, he had hair poking out in all different directions, and his lips were swollen, and his eyes were shut. She bit her lip.

Charlie looked down at her own naked body and she scolded herself. When Monica got home, she had probably seen the two of them sleeping.

She got up from the bed and searched around for one of her clothes. Instead, she found Kevin's shirt from last night. She threw it on as well as a pair of her underwear. She checked the clock, and saw that it was only 5 in the morning. She looked around and saw Monica cozily sleeping in her own bed.

Charlie decided she would go down to the lunchroom. Charlie happily skipped down the steps, not caring about the fact that she was practically naked, and Kevin's shirt was only barely covering her ass.

She walked into the lunchroom, whistling a tune of one of her favorite songs. She did a small twirl as she opened the fridge. She took out two slices of bread and cold turkey.

Charlie happily shut the refrigerator, but she yelled when she saw someone in front of her.

She screamed and her hands shot down to cover her legs. She tugged Kevin's shirt down to be modest and blushed red when she saw the person in front of her was a boy.

"Hot night?" He said, smirking.

Charlie stuttered, "Y-You shouldn't b-be up at 5 A.M."

"I could say the same to you." He said, eyeing her long legs.

She blushed and went to the other side of the counter so he wouldn't be able to check her out. "Whatever." She muttered. Her eyes drifted to his body. He was wearing a par of sweatpants without a shirt. Oh, and he definitely had abs.

She snapped out of it and grouchily shoved the turkey slices in between her two slices of bread. She looked around for the mayonnaise and found it after a while.

"Hey." The boy said suddenly, "You're the famous video chick!" He said, recognition flashing in his eyes.

Charlie blushed, "What video?"

"You haven't seen it?" The boy mumbled. He pulled up YouTube on his phone, typed a few words and slid his phone over to her. Charlie set down the mayo and looked at the video's title, 'Kevin Daniels Confesses Love To Hot Chick!'

Charlie snorted and watched the video. It was the night before, Charlie remembered, and she blushed as she watched Kevin repeat his love for her. Her eyes widened as she forcefully thrashed her own lips against his.

"God. Someone took a video? This is so embarrassing." Charlie mumbled, giving the phone back to the boy.

He laughed, "Yep. You're like a legend around here now."

Charlie sighed, "Just what I needed." She said sarcastically.

"I'm guessing that's who you got it on with last night?" The boy said, clearly amused.

She glared at him, "Who says I got it on with anyone?" She glanced down at Kevin's shirt and said, "Maybe I like wearing boys clothing?"

"Yeah?" He challenged, "Then how do you explain the sex hair?"

Charlie's hands shot up to brush her hair down and she pointed an accusing finger to the boy, "I could say the same to you, asshole! Who did you get it on with last night, huh?"

Instead of being discouraged, the boy's smirk widened, "She left a few hours ago. You might know her. Monica Hales?"

Charlie gasped and smacked him roughly. He rubbed his arm with a pouty look on his face.

"Don't touch my roommate again, you perv!"

"Hey! You know her!" He grinned, "We can have a threesome, baby."

Charlie rolled her eyes pointing to his phone, "I have a boyfriend, you moron."

She smeared the last of the mayo onto her sandwich and walked away, "I hope I don't have to see you again, dick-face!"

"Likewise, sweet ass!" He called right back at her.

Charlie arrived at her room a few minutes later. She opened the door later to a still sleeping Kevin. She smiled and walked over, gently shaking him. When that didn't work, Charlie smacked him as hard as she could and he shot right up in bed, clutching his arm. "Are you nuts?" He mumbled as he rubbed his eyes.

Charlie smiled, "I think you know the answer to that one, pal."

"What's that?" Kevin drooled at the sandwich in Charlie's hand. She rolled her eyes and gave it to him, "Eat up."

"Didn't you make one for yourself?" He asked her sweetly.

She shook her head, "They don't have any good food down there on Wednesdays."

He raised his eyebrows, "This sandwich looks pretty good to me." He eyed the sandwich suspiciously.

She smiled, "You haven't tried it yet."

He shrugged and took a big bite at the sandwich. He waited a few minutes and finally the bad taste kicked in and he refreained from gagging.

Charlie barked out a laugh as Kevin ran to her bathroom and spit what was in his mouth and the rest of the sandwich into the trash can.

"You let me eat that trash!" He said, his cheeks red.

Charlie snickered, "IHOP?" She asked.

He nodded eagerly, and grabbed his car keys. "Let's go, babe." Kevin slung an arm around her shoulder and said, "Where does a one legged waitress work?" He joked.

Charlie rolled her eyes, not bothering to respond. Kevin laughed at his own joke, "IHOP!"

-----

"I'll have the stack of blueberry pancakes and do you guys have caffe latte's here?" Charlie asked, looking for it on the menu.

"Yes, ma'am." The waiter said, writing down her order. "And for you, sir?"

Kevin nodded politely, "I'll have eggs and bacon, please."

"Coming right up." The tense waiter said as he quickly walked away from their table, glad to be away from customers.

"I see you're a big fan of blueberries. That's what you tried to get at the coffee shop, too... until I started being a dick." He sighed.

Charlie smiled, "I like that you try so hard when you really don't need to, Kevin."

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I don't know." She thought about it, "It just seems like you... try really hard to make me happy."

He smirked, "Is that not what you want?"

She shook her head, blushing, "Stop putting words into my mouth! Jeez. Look, I just mean, you can be yourself around me. I'm not fragile, or whatever."

He nodded, laughing quietly, "I get it. You're so cute."

"I'm cute?" Charlie said sarcastically, eyeing Kevin up and down. They both suddenly realized she just complimented him and he stared at her with his jaw open. "Close your mouth." She muttered, "You might catch a fly."

"Did Charlie Harper just give me a compliment?" He asked, disbelieving.

Charlie blushed, "No! She just... was asking if she was cute. That's all."

"Ah." He said sarcastically, "So she just said that in a sarcastic voice while checking me out? Whatever, Harper, that is so a compliment in my book."

She pouted, "Whatever." She mumbled dismissively.

"Did I say this before?" He asked suddenly.

"Say what?" A confused Charlie said.

"That you're so cute. Especially when you blush."

As if on cue, Charlie blushed.