Chapter 29

"Guess who?" A playful voice chirped on the other end of the phone.

"Kylie?!" Charlie squeaked. "Oh my god, it is you!"

She could imagine Charlie grinning as she said, "Char. I'm in New York!"

Charlie grinned so hard she couldn't feel her face, "No way?! You have to come visit me here!"

"Why do think I'm here, loser?" She joked.

"Ky, I've missed you so much. Can you come over?" Charlie asked. Kylie laughed, "Heck yes!"

After more talking and Charlie giving her dorm room info to Kylie, she happily hung up the phone and was sitting face to face with a suspicious Monica.

"Who was that?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

Charlie smiled from cheek to cheek, "My best friend in high school. I can't believe you two are going to meet, this is so exciting!"

"Don't you have a date with the famous Kevin or something?"

Charlie shook her head, "That's tomorrow, and I'm not even sure I'm going."

Monica groaned, "You have to go."

There was a knock on their door that brought a closing to the conversation, and Charlie squealed, "That's Ky." She ran over and opened the door. As soon as Kylie saw Charlie, they both embraced each other in a long hug while they jumped up and down.

"Come in." She said to Kylie, "Kylie, this is Monica. Monica, this is Kylie." She introduced the two.

Monica pulled a hesitant Kylie into a hug, "I've heard a lot of good things about the infamous Kylie."

Kylie grinned, "Hello to you too, Monica."

"I've really been needing a night in with my favorite girls. Thank god you're in New York." Charlie sighed, pulling both of them in for another hug.

-----

Monica's tears drenched the tissues she kept stuffing onto her face. Charlie winced and distanced herself from her, instead focusing on The Notebook.

"I never get tired of this movie." Kylie mumbled through sobs.

Charlie rolled her eyes, "I don't see what the big deal is. It's not real life. Get over it."

Monica smacked her, "Okay, so maybe its not real life, but sometimes in real life, there's similiar kinds of heartbreak. Like you and... Caleb."

Kylie's eyes widened, "You told her about Caleb."

Charlie shrugged mumbling a noncommital, "There's not much to tell."

"Except for the fact that she's still in love with him." Monica smirked.

Charlie groaned as Kylie gasped. Charlie sighed, "I'm not in love with him, okay?" Even as she said the words, they felt like a lie. "I have a date tomorrow night and everthing..." She trailed off.

"Aha! So you admit you're going!" Monica grinned.

"Charlie has a date?" Kylie gasped, muting the laptop. Monica internally apologized for Nicholas Sparks. She never dreamed she would be muting one of his amazing movies.

"Yeah. But the guy is practically forcing her to go!" Monica yelped. Charlie rolled her eyes, but didn't bother to correct the statement, since it was technically true.

"That's good." Kylie confirmed, "What's his name?"

"Kevin D." Monica sighed witha dreamy look in her eyes.

"Kevin D.?!" Kylie said, shocked. Monica nodded dramatically and Kylie said, "Is his last name, by any chance, Daniels?"

Charlie stared wide eyed at her friend, "How did you know that?"

Kylie sighed dreamily, "K.D. is like the hottest male model that has ever existed on this planet! How the hell did you snag a date with him? It's not like there's some bet on the table this time!" She referred to the high school bet with a hint of jealousy in her voice.

Charlie gasped at her words. She was completely offended that Kylie was making jokes about the bet that ruined her life but at the same time, she was surprised that that dickhead was a model!

Kylie also realized her mistake and said, "Char. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean that. You know I didn't."

Monica whistled, but Charlie didn't want to make a big deal of it, it was a joke after all... "Don't worry about it." She forced a smile, "Those days are gone."

Monica coughed and said to clear the tension, "So if you're not in love with Caleb, what is that all about?" She pointed to the box of letters. This just added more tension in the air.

Charlie froze. She didn't want Kylie to know that she was indeed still madly in love with Caleb Hughes after everything he had done. She wouldn't understand.

"What's in the box?" Kylie asked.

"Nothing." Charlie muttered, "Stay out of it, Monica." She warned.

Everyone awkwardly nodded, settling back down to stare at Charlie's laptop, which was still playing the movie. "Let's just watch the movie." She muttered, unmuting it and gluing her eyes onto the screen.

After a while she got bored and pulled out her phone, deciding to text the boy that she just found out was a model.

Charlie: u didn't tell me u were such a hot-shot, flirty boy ;)

His reply came almost instantly.

Kevin: Ah, was wondering how long it would take u 2 find out, baby.

Charlie: Not long enough, obv.

Kevin: How'd u find out anyway? Tell all ur friends abt ur hot and steamy date? ;)

Charlie: Pls. Don't kid urself. i mean... u did have to force me 2 go on it, so...

Kevin: u know u wanted to.

Charlie: Whatev. Wyd? I'm bored.

Kevin: Jacking off to a pic of u, baby.

Charlie interally had to hold herself back from puking. Monica looked over, "Looks like you're texting him now. Gosh, Char! You know how to pick em'." Charlie rolled her eyes but grinned.

Charlie: ur a pig.

Kevin: u love it ;)

Charlie: what r u a model for anyway? chlamydia ads?

Charlie laughed at her joke. Brilliant. Just brilliant. She could imagine Kevin's playful smirked as he texted back with his reply.

Kevin: :( u rly know how 2 hurt a guys feelings, miss Harper

Charlie: wat can i say? have had lots of experience if u know wat i mean.

Kevin: o, u bet ur ass u know wat I mean.

Before Charlie could respond, he sent another message.

Kevin: Jk! u probably don't want to have another bet with me, sugartits. they always end with me being the winner, and u being the one that has one more date tomorrow nite. :)

Charlie: maybe i wanted a date with u the whole time. ever thought of that, einstein?

Kevin: meow. i like em fiesty.

Charlie: if u get a bunch of random calls, don't worry, k? It's probably just the ppl calling for the ad i put up on craigslist.

Kevin: u did WAT?

Charlie: Gotta go, bye!

Charlie smirked and pulled up craiglist on her phone, putting up an actual ad on it. She let out an evil laugh and marveled at her fun little plan.