Chapter 11

It was Monday morning, and Charlie was in the middle of hopelessly flirting with Logan, Kylie's boyfriend, in order to prove her wrong on the deal that the two had made.

"If I didn't know any better Charlie Harper, I'd say you were coming onto me?" Logan questioned with a smirk.

Charlie batted her eyelashes and said in a deep voice, "And I'd say you were right."

Logan chortled, "I thought you were repulsed by my ego or something?"

Charlie shrugged, "I am. That doesn't mean I can't flirt with a guy." From the corner of her eye, Charlie spared a glance at Caleb and Kylie, who were intently watching Charlie and Logan from a distance.

"Why did you ask me out to the movies anyway?" Logan said, raising an eyebrow, and clearly surprised by Charlie's sudden attraction to him.

Charlie looked around and said, "I need popcorn."

Logan smiled, "I'll go get some for us." Charlie nodded gratefully. As soon as she saw Logan chatting with the cashier, Charlie sprinted to Caleb and Kylie.

"You see Kylie? He hasn't tried to kiss me. Can we stop this now?" Charlie pleaded.

Kylie rolled her eyes, but Charlie could tell that she was pleased that Logan hadn't made a move. "It's been five minutes! Just go watch the movie, we'll be two rows behind you. Maybe you should suggest kissing him later, and see if he does or not? Then you can stop."

Charlie nodded defeatedly and Caleb shot her a reassuring smile, "Don't cheat on me, Harper!" He playfully said. Kylie pushed Charlie away from them, "Go!" She whisper-yelled, "He's coming!"

Charlie straightened her blouse as she casually walked around the movie theater.

"Hey you." Logan said with a grin. Charlie smiled and pointed to the movie's entrance, "It's in there."

Logan raised his eyebrows, "Insidious 3? Are you sure you didn't pick this movie just so you can cling onto my arm the whole day?"

Charlie playfully rolled her eyes, "Don't get too cocky just cause I asked you out on a date, Logan."

Logan stared at her, "This is a date?" He asked, completely surprised. She nerviously grabbed his hand and they walked into the theater. Logan looked pained.

Charlie bit her lip, "If that's what you want it to be."

He thought for a moment but finally nodded with a cold look on his face. He smirked, "Hell yeah. Charlie Harper is on a date with me?"

She licked her lips, "Why do you think so little of yourself Logan?" She asked while sitting in the dimly lit cinema. The previews hadn't started yet, so the two talked to one another, laughing occasionally.

"I guess it's just a bad habit of mine." He said after a while of thoughtful thinking.

"Well, we should change that." She said, subtly moving closer to him. He grinned, "We should."

Charlie made sure that Kylie and Caleb were in the theater, and they were. Logan was leaning in at an evolutionary pace when Charlie's phone started ringing. She recieved a few glares from people in the theater, but Logan grinned and snatched her phone from his hand.

His eyes widened, "Charlie! You have like 50 missed calls and texts! Why don't you answer your phone?"

Charlie sighed, "I don't know. It's always some guy just asking me on a date or whatever. Why does everyone like me, Logan?"

A look crossed Logan's face, and Charlie raised an eyebrow, "Wait... do you know something?" She asked him. Logan thought about the bet going on in school to see which guy could snag Charlie's virginity. He considered telling her the truth, but he realized all the guys would seriously kill him. It would be total social suicide.

Instead, he bit his lip, "Obviously it's because you're the most beautiful girl in school." He whispered quietly.

Charlie heard a choking noise from two rows back, and it dawned on her that that was probably Kylie. She suddenly felt guilty for making this deal in the first place.

She lapped Logan in the face. He pulled back with the most shocked look on his face, "What the heck was that for?" He almost yelled.

She gasped, suddenly realizing she had jsut slapped Logan after he gave her an amzing compliment. She put her hand to her mouth, "Oh my god! I'm sorry Logan." She frantically thought of an excuse and finaly decided to make up some other excuse. It was partly truthful though... "It's just, the last guy I went out on a date with said the same thing to me, then I caught him cheating on me." Luke.

"Oh!" His face was full of recognition, and Charlie regretted telling him. Everyone at their school knew about Luke and his dissapearance, and that it had to do with Luke. "I understand. It's okay, don't worry about it." He reassured her.

She grinned, not knowing what to say. The sound of her phone ringing broke the tension between the two, and Logan playfully rolled his eyes. Suddenly he answered the phone with a devilish smirk on his face, "Hello?" He said.

Charlie lightly smacked his arm and whispered in a hushed voice, "Give me that! Logan!"

"Oh? What's up, Mason!" He said, holding the phone and his ear away from Charlie. She realized it was hopeless and simply let him talk to Mason.

"Yeah!" He said after a pause. "Yep, we're on a date." He cooed with a triumphant smile on his face.

"I'm- I'm not sure." He stuttered.

"It's fair game for anyone, dude." He spat, becoming angrier by the minute. Little did Charlie know the double meaning behind that sentence.

"Yeah, well, it's not my fault if she's into me... Just watch and see... why don't you ask her yourself... that doesn't have to do with anything... alright then, bitch, why am I on a date with her and not you?"

Because it's only a test. It's not a real date. Charlie thought.

"Later, dick." He said and hung up, tossing Charlie's phone back to her.

"What was that about?" Charlie asked, confused.

He shook his head, "It's nothing. He was just jealous that you were on a date with me and not him." Charlie nodded, rolling her eyes, "Why do you talk to him? You could do so much better, Logan. You're a really nice, cute guy." She said truthfully.

She heard Caleb scoff from his seat a few feet away from them. Charlie and Logan snapped their heads back in that direction. Kylie and Caleb covered their faces subtly.

Logan smirked, turning back to Charlie, "You think I'm cute?"

She remembered the plan of seducing him, and turned on her flirt a few notches. "If I didn't, then I wouldn't be on this date with you, now would I?"

"I still can't believe you like me, Charlie. It's so sudden."

Charlie ran her tongue alongher smooth teeth. The previews began rolling and Charlie sat back in her seat, occasionaly faking being scared in order to clutch onto Logan. By the end of the movie, she was practically in his lap.

"The movie's done. You can open your eyes now." An amused Logan said.

Charlie opened her eyes, sighing in relief, "That was the scariest film I've ever seen." She muttered.

His smirk widened. "I could tell." He mumbled, gesturing to the proximity between the two of them.

Charlie blushed, "Sorry." She said, pulling away.

The lights in the theater came back on, and Charlie could feel Caleb and Kylie's gaze burning into her back.

Before she knew what was happening, Logan was seductively whispering, "I didn't say I didn't like it." And he pulled Charlie onto his lap completely. She saw his arm muscles straining and Charlie stuttered, "O-Oh."

She knew it wasn't looking good by the way Logan was talking. She prayed for both Logan and Kylie, hoping that Logan would come to his senses, realizing he had a girlfriend, and refuse to kiss her.

Logan was leaning in, and Charlie was looking at her lap, hoping it would be over soon. His lips suddenly smashed against hers. Charlie pulled away as soon as she registered what was happening. "How could you?" She choked in a hoarse voice. She pulled her hand back and slapped him as hard as she could, "How could you do this to her, Logan?"