Chapter 34

"Can we go get our eyebrows done at Nikki's?" Monica moaned.

Charlie thought about it. She shrugged, "Kevin is in Milan for a few days, so, sure."

"Maybe you can like- get a brazilian- you know, surprise him when he gets back." Monica winks suggestively.

Charlie rolled her eyes, "Yeah, I'm gonna willingly tell the waxing lady to wax- down there- completely?! You must be crazy if you think I would even consider that."

Monica laughed, "Have you even done it with Kevin yet?"

"Done what?" Charlie naively asked.

Monica chortled, "You innocent, innocent girl. I mean, you know, sex. Obviously."

Charlie blushed, "Oh! Um, no, I haven't- um, had- sex with Kevin."

Monica put down the pair of jeans she was currently folding and walked over to Charlie, noticing a cloudy look in her eyes. "Is it because of Caleb?"

Charlie didn't answer, and Monica got her answer, which was clearly a yes.

"It takes everything not to call him." Charlie whispered after a while. 

Monica walked over and hugged Charlie. The two girls sat huddled for a long time, when Charlie pulled away, "Why can't I stop thinking about him, Monica? I feel so, so terrible. I'm the worst girlfriend. Every time I'm with Kevin, the only person I can think of is Caleb."

"Oh, sweetie." Monica whispered, rubbing her back.

Charlie shook her head, "What if my feelings for Kevin aren't real Moni? What if that's just how I'm feeling when I think about Caleb. Because truthfully, if I had the choice to pick between Kevin and Caleb right now, forgetting the past, my choice would be Caleb."

A new voice whistled, "Girls are so complicated. Don't you think?"

Charlie froze, praying on her life that it wasn't Kevin who heard that. Monica looked confused, "Who are you?" She said, grabbing a nearby can of pepper spray.

Charlie let out a breath and turned around, expecting to see Oliver or Alex, the boy who had a crush on her, or someone like that.

Instead, she stood face to face with the mystery boy she ran into downstairs a few days ago. He smirked to her. "I bet Caleb would be very interested to hear how you have to feel, wouldn't he, Charlie?"

Monica put down the pepper spray as she realized the two knew each other. Charlie walked up to the gu and pointed a twisted finger at him, "What are you doing here, shirtless guy?"

He smirked, "Actually, I'm here because you have my phone."

Charlie looked at him like he was crazy, "Are you insane? Why would I have your phone?" She muttered.

He rolled his eyes, "Because I had yours. In fact... I just realized it today, when I got a call from someone named Kevin."

Charlie winced. She pulled out what she thought was her phone. It looked like it. She held up the phone matter of factly, "Looks like my phone to me, idiot."

He rolled his eyes and pulled out my real phone. Charlie gaped at the same case on the same phone. She let out a low laugh and traded phones with him, "Sorry. I must have mistaken your phone for mine a few days ago. 

"You're dumb. Did you not use your phone at all in the past few days?" He accused.

Charlie glared at him, "Well, excuse me for not being addicted to my phone. I should be asking you the same question!"