Chapter 12

"I'm sorry- Kylie! Please just listen to me... I'm sorry." Charlie whispered, grabbing Kylie's arm and stopping her from running out of her house. After Logan had kissed Charlie at the cinema, Charlie drove Caleb to his house and brought Kylie back to her place to talk to her. No one waited for Logan's reaction.

"Just let me go, okay?" Kylie snapped, yanking her arm away roughly.

Charlie's eyes fluttered to the floor. Kylie's phone started ringing. She checked the caller ID and snorted.

"Kylie, I knew this was a bad idea. I knew we shouldn't have made that stupid deal." Charlie pleaded.

Kylie shook her head, "He doesn't love me. God, I can't believe I gave him my virginity. I can't believe I thought he loved me. I can't believe he just kissed you."

"Listen to me, Ky." Charlie said, meeting her friend's eyes, "Any guy would be lucky to have you. Logan's a dick, okay? Forget about him. You're so out of his league!"

Kylie shook her head, "None of that matters, Charlie. I love him..."

Charlie shook her head, "That's what you think now. But it's not true. You don't love him. He hurt you."

"Oh, yeah?" Kylie yelled, "Is that what you said about Luke? Huh Charlie? That you didn't really love him? Well maybe you and I should both just take a reality check, Char, and maybe you just aren't fucking good enough to be with him. Maybe, just maybe, it was your fault that he left." As soon as the words slipped out of her mouth, Kylie regretted them. "Char- I didn't mean that-"

Charlie cut her off, disbelieving. She couldn't believe her best friend had just said that to her. "Get out."

"Charlie- I'm sorry, Logan hurt me, I swear to god none of that is tru-"

Through gritted teeth, Charlie calmly said, "I said. Get. Out."

"Please, Charlie. Pl-"

Charlie let go of her friend and turned her back on her, "I don't want to see your face right now, Kylie. And I swear to god if you don't leave in the next two seconds, I will never speak to you again."

Kylie nodded slowly, with regret in her eyes. That, and sadness, about Logan. She quietly walked out the front door, but didn't close it. She stared at Charlie.

Charlie calmly walked up to Kylie, and without saying a word, slammed the door in her face. She loved Kylie, and she knew how upset she was about Logan, but when she said things like that, Charlie just needed some time to forgive her.

She walked up to her room without an interruption from Crystal, thank goodness. A grin spread across her face as she saw a post it note stuck to her window. Caleb wasn't in his room, but she walked over to the window and inspected it.

The words "Everything Okay?" were sprawled across the sheet in pretty cursive.

Below those words, Charlie wrote "Just peachy(: "

She opened her window and reached across to his window, plastering it onto his window.

She called Caleb, and he picked up on the first ring, "Hey babe."

Her heart fluttered. "Hey you."

"Is Kylie alright?" He said loudly.

Charlie could have sworn she saw a woman's voice in the background. "Yeah, she'll get over it. Hey, where are you?"

"Oh" He paused, "I just went out for a bit."

"To where?" Charlie asked nosily.

"Stop being so nosy, Char!" Caleb joked.