Chapter 27

"I don't want to do this!" Charlie groaned as she sat slumped on her bed.

Monica rolled her eyes, "Shut up! You are going to this party to meet Greg, and you're going to have fun. He's so cute and funny and he's such a gentleman!"

Charlie sighed, "I hate parties." She muttered. 

Monica smiled sweetly, "Yeah well it's in an hour, and I'm getting you ready!" She confidently strutted over to a table that held a mirror and all of the girls' makeup products. 

Charlie glumly walked over and sat in front of her. 

Monica crimped her hair and took a few strands, braiding them behind her head. She applied a dark smokey eye onto Charlie's eyes, stacking up on the eyeliner and mascara. Along with that, she used a clear lip gloss. 

"Perfect!" Monica squealed. Charlie stared at herself in the mirror and gasped. She never thought she could look like such a... bad-ass. 

To make it even better, Monica was the one who had picked out Charlie's dress, which was a little too short for her taste. She wore a small little black tress that hugged her curves like it was a second skin. With that, she wore black stilettos. 

Charlie waited as Monica got herself ready. Her face looked gorgeous as well, but it was more innocent looking than bad-ass chick looking. Charlie almost laughed at how the two girls had practically switched personalities. Her outfit consisted of a pink dress longer than Charlie's but it hung so low down her neckline, her boobs were almost centimeters away from popping out of her dress. 

Charlie knew that the two girls would be the stars of the night, and for once, she was actually kind of excited.

Monica looped her arm through Charlie's and said, "The party is just a block down, so we can walk. And I know you're almost just as excited as I am, so don't try to hide it!"

Charlie laughed and the two girls walked to the party. On the way there, they received numerous car honks. Even a few guys lowered their windows to call out provocative things.

Once we got to the party, the blasting noise of music from inside was undeniable. Charlie and Monica walked in and to their surprise, no one was really paying that much attention to them. The rest of the girls and guys there were dressed just as well. 

Monica and Charlie looked around for a while until Monica spotted him. She approached a tall good-looking guy. He had blond hair and blue eyes, and the strongest most defined jawline Charlie had ever seen. He was the definition of a golden boy. 

"Alex!" Monica half-yelled, hugging the boy. 

He laughed at her enthusiasm, "Moni! It's been a while." 

Monica grinned and then gestured to Charlie, "I'd like you to meet Charlie." She then faced Charlie, "Lia, this is Alex."

Charlie smiled at him, "Hello."

The boy told Monica, "This is Charlie?!" Monica nodded. He smiled and greeted Charlie and told Monica, "You didn't tell me she was this hot." 

Charlie blushed and pretended she didn't hear. Soon though, Monica vanished and it was just Charlie and Alex.

"So? Why does a pretty girl like you need to be set up by Monica?" He asked her, grinning.

She smiled, "I could ask a pretty boy like you the same." She said.

He chuckled, thinking about a way to answer.

She recognized the look in his eyes before he even said a word. It's the same look Charlie had in hers. It was the look of someone whose heart got broken.