Chapter 28

Charlie leaned against the wall with a bored expression on her face. She sighed because she could have been reading the Twilight Saga now, or eating a pint of her favorite strawberry ice cream. But nooo, Monica just had to drag her to this dumb party.

Charlie looked around and saw someone staring at her. He wasn't trying to hide it either. His eyes were locked on hers. He was cute, too. He had floppy black hair and piercing blue eyes. Charlie coughed. When the boy continued to stare at her, she walked over to him.

"I'm Charlie. And are you done checking me out yet?" She said with a smirk.

He had an amused expression on his face, "Not yet." He ran his eyes over her body once again from head to toe. She blushed. What a douche-bag. He thinks he's so much better than everyone else, huh? She thought.

"Now I'm done." He stared into her eyes. She couldn't keep his gaze for long when she said, "I hate guys like you."

"Guys like me?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yes." She snorted, "Look buddy, high school is over. Your prime is over. You're not the shit anymore, so welcome to the real world that you don't rule, you egotistical airhead."

He had a deep, throaty laugh when he said, "And let me guess. You were the chubby girl with the overly large glasses who thought she was oh- so above the dumb 'high school world?'"

Charlie rolled her eyes, "Actually, no. I used to be an egotistical airhead too. But the different between me and you is that I'm not still stuck in my glorious high school days."

"Who says I'm still stuck in my old high school days?" He challenged.

She scowled, "The way you act says it all, buddy."

The boy puts his finger to his chin as if thinking, "If I remember correctly... you're the one who walked over here with your flirty voice and said 'I'm Charlie, are you done checking me out yet?'" He mocked in a high pitched girly voice.

If Charlie was a cartoon character, flames would be shooting out from her nostrils. "If I remember correctly, you're the one who wouldn't stop staring at me!" She hissed.

He laughed, "You're cute when you get angry."

She sighed, "There you go again, turning on your bad-boy charm. Sorry hon, it doesn't work on grownups."

"Your red cheeks are telling me otherwise." He smiled.

Embarrassed, she spat, "I can't control my hormones, you idiot!"

He shrugged, "Want to go up to my bedroom?"

Could this guy not take a hint? Charlie thought. Instead of speaking with anger, she smiled sweetly, "After you blatantly checked me out and then called me chubby?"

He smirked, "I didn't call you chubby. I was referring to your old high school days."

"And you were wrong."

"Right... because you proved me wrong?" He said inching a little closer.

She nodded defiantly, "Yes. I absolutely fucking proved you wrong, dickwad."

"You're such a tease." He whispered, his lips grazing against Charlie's ear.

She shivered, her body forming goosebumps, "Looks like I'm gonna have to prove you wrong again." 

He raised an eyebrow as if asking how, and Charlie crashed her lips against his. He pushed her against the wall, his arms trapping her. She caressed the back of his neck and then her hands felt down his back. He went under her shirt, unhooking her bra. She squeezed his ass once then pulled away, "Just kidding, you got me this time." She turned, slowly walking away.