Chapter one, 'You're not my mother'

*Taylor's POV*

   "Mom! Please!" I begged.
   "No! This child will ruin your career!" My mom argued back.
   "MOM!"
   "No Taylor, it's final, she's gone."
   "What?" I gasped.
   "I gave her away whilst you were out being an irresponsible parent!" She spat. My mother frowned and stormed out of the kitchen.
   My knees buckled and sat on the cold floor crying.
   My mom gave my baby away when I went out! I hate her! I only tried to pursue my career to provide for my baby. Poor little Rayne. 

*fourteen years later*

*Rayne's POV*

   "I still hate her." I said. Me and my best friend, Jess, were debating on who was better, Katy Perry or Taylor Swift. Me, being the biggest KatyCat around, sided with Katy. Jess, on the the other hand, was a Swiftie. I would have ditched Jess months ago over this that's how seriously I hated Taylor. I would have, if it weren't for the fact that we were dating.
   I hated Taylor.
OK, I liked her at first, when Katy and Taylor were friends, but then Taylor fell out with Katy when she had gotten with one of her ex's, and borrowed three back-up dancers, but who wouldn't? I mean, it's just business. I don't see why Taylor made such a big deal out of it. Maybe I would feel different if I knew Taylor. Hmm, nope!
   "Why? You guys have the same last name!" Jess asked.
   "She dissed my Katy in a song because she was too chicken to bitch at her to her face. Personally, I think Taylor was smart to not bitch to her face though 'cos Katy would have kicked her ass and we both know it."
   "Oh ... umm ... fine then! You win this one!" She said.
   "Thank you." I said. I crossed my legs and bowed. "Queen of debates!"
   "Whatever!" Jess snorted and continued walking. I turned left and looked out at the empty road.
   "Ray, we'll cross later!" Jess said. By now I was halfway accross the road. I stopped and looked at her. A car smashed into me, the oxygen forced out my lungs, my vision blurred.
   The outline of a blonde woman was picking me up, her short-cut hair was tickling my face. She was way too close for comfort.
Then I blacked out completely.

   When I came around lights burned my eyes. Ugh! Hospital. I glanced aroung and sat up. Jess! She was sat in the far corner, asleep. Oh, so was the woman. She wore huge shades that covered half of her face and a blue tee with pink shorts.
   She shifted and I could feel her gaze on me.
   "Ummm ... hi?" I asked awkwardly, not sure if I should speak to her. She was a stranger after all. I smiled in an attempt to be polite.
   "Sorry for hitting you with my car."
   "Whatever. It's fine. " I said, waving my hand to dismiss the subject.
   "I'll go and get your release papers then." She mumbled. She stood and left.
   She came back after around ten minutes. I got off the bed and walked through the door.
   "So where do you live?" The woman asked as we walked towards the exit. Her voice caught on the last word and she coughed. Was she crying? She was!
   "Are you OK?" I questioned. She nodded quickly.
   "I'm fine." She wiped away tears from under her glasses. A nurse rudely barged past her and the woman dropped her stuff. Being the person I am, I crouched down and started picking up the files that had slipped out of her bag.
   Also, being the person I am, I peeked at a couple of the loose papers. My breath stopped and my heart jumped. My birth certificate! Yeah, I knew I was adopted, but this is lies.

Mom
Taylor Alison Swift.

Dad
Unknown

Rayne Swift

   Oh shit! Why did she have my birth certificate? I looked up at the woman. Was this her? If it was then she can get lost! Something brushed accross my shoulder. A bed was being rushed past, the person's arm dangling from the bed. The back of the hand had a tattoo on it of a bird. MOM!
   "MOM!" I yelled. I jumped to my feet and rushed after her. Someone held my hand. Her! I tried to wriggle free but she held on tightly.
   "They're heading for the morgue." She said. It's true, they were. I dropped back to my knees and wrenched my hand free.
   I relised what this ment. If my mom was dead and this was my birth mother then I'd have to live with her. I had no other relatives. Ugh!