Chapter nineteen, "What do you mean 'there's something wrong with my baby'?"

*Katy's POV*

   We got pizza. It didn't taste as nice as other pizza but I still ate most of it.
   "Pig." Rayne said whilst coughing. I slapped her gently.
   "Respect your elders!" I said. Rayne laughed and her hand slid under the table. Her fingers interlocked with Alison's and when she realised her hand pulled away. I grabbed some juice from the fridge and made myself a glass.
   The girls went up to bed and I washed my glass. After I cleaned up I went upstairs and grabbed my toothbrush. I cleaned my teeth and opened the door to Rayne's temporary room to say goodnight.
   Rayne's hands were draped over Alison's shoulders and Alison had her legs wrapped around Rayne's waist. Her arms snaked under Rayne's arms and Alison's hands gripped Rayne's hair. Alison moved her head to the side and they continued kissing.
   I quickly closed the door and went to bed. I fell asleep after a few minutes.

   When I woke up I could hear giggling from the next room. I got up and this time I knocked. They tried to stifle their giggles.
   "Come in!" Rayne yelled. I opened the door and Rayne burst out laughing. Alison went red trying not to laugh. She let out a snort and laughed.
   "What?" I asked. Rayne tried to explain but before she could say anything she laughed. "So ... Did you guys have fun last night?" I asked, changing the subject.
   "What?!" Rayne suddenly became dead serious. I realised the awkward situation I'd dropped myself into.
   "I came in last night to say goodnight and you two were ..."  I waved my hands around in circles. Rayne went extremely red.
   "Do you want a reenactment?" Alison asked. She shuffled closer to Rayne.
   "No! I'm good." She laughed at me. Rayne laughed too.
   She slid off the bed and attempted to brush her hair. Alison hopped up and took the brush from her hands. They were so cute together. I changed into a more appropriate outfit and fixed my hair.
   I sat in the kitchen and the girls came down, changed, a few minutes later.
   "Why don't we go out for breakfast?" I suggested.
   "Okay." Rayne said. She didn't seem too enthusiastic.
   "What's up?" I asked as we went to the car.
   "Nothing." She got in and fastened her seatbelt. We went to a pancake house and Rayne sat next to the wall and curled into a ball. She picked at her leggings whilst Alison and I ate.
   When we finished we went clothes shopping for Alison. She chose some cute outfits and shoes but not a lot then we went home.
   "Can I walk back?" Rayne asked.
   "Okay." I got into the car and drove home. Alison was walking with Rayne.

*Alison's POV*

   We walked back to Katy's house instead of going in the car. Rayne seemed upset about something.
   "What's wrong?" I asked.
   "I miss Jess, that's all." Jess was the dead girl.
   "It's okay."
   "She helped me. She was my first kiss. My first and only girlfriend." She said. A tear rolled out of her eye and she brushed it away. I held her hand.
   "Ray. It's okay."
   "I know."
   The sound of footsteps rang behind us. A group of boys were running towards us. I let go of Rayne's hand and ran. When I glanced back I couldn't find her.

   I found her after an hour of frantic searching. She was curled up in a ball under a tree.
   "Ray." I ran over and held her. I helped her to her feet and she cleaned her face. She walked like nothing was wrong.
   I walked besides her and we arrived at Katy's a little while later. Katy was asleep on the island in the kitchen and a tub of melted ice cream was next to her. Rayne tossed the ice cream and shook Katy. She sat up and smiled.
   "Merry Christmas." Katy said.
   "You're a little late for that." I said.
   "Really?" I laughed at her. Rayne helped her to bed. "I'm so tired." Katy moaned.
   Rayne lay in front of her and Katy curled up in a ball around her. Rayne began to cry. She let her silent tears stream as Katy fell asleep.
   "What happened?" I whispered. I lay in front of her, facing her me.
   "One of those boys. He did stuff to me." She whispered. "But don't tell Katy." She rushed. "Or anyone."
   "Too late Ray. I'm here for you." Katy said. I thought she was asleep. Her muscles tightened around Rayne and I lay as close as possible. After a while I fell asleep too. Why does his always seem to happen? Are there any nice guys out there anymore?