Chapter nine, Taylor's not well ...

*Taylor's POV*

   I seriously wasn't feeling well. Rayne comforted me whilst I threw up and when I'd finished, for now, I rest my head on her lap. I don't know what I'd do without her, she's my guardian angel.
   "Thanks." Rayne whispered.
   "What?" I asked confused. "Did I say that out loud?" She nodded. I felt my cheeks burn and Rayne laughed.
   "Katy!" Rayne gasped. She helped me up and I stumbled to the kitchen. Before we went anywhere I made a plateful of crackers.
   I made her eat some before she rushed to the car.
   Ever since she starved herself she won't eat, doesn't she realise it's bad for her?
   I slowly made my way to the car and I could tell Rayne was getting annoyed.
   During the drive to Katy's, Rayne was acting the same as usual. Silent. When I cut the engine Rayne stayed put.
   "Go see her then." I prompted.
   "She's at Shannon's." I started the car again and carried on driving. When we finally got to the right place Rayne jumped out and ran to the door. I would have waited in the car but nausea was plaguing my stomach. Maybe a bit of exercise will clear it up.
   I cut the engine and got out of the car.
   "You're coming?" Rayne asked, surprised. I gave her a quick smile before she knocked on the door.
   I've never met Shannon but I'm guessing that's who answered the door. No words were exchanged when I entered but I could sense the hatred.
   I followed Rayne into the front room. Where Katy was laid on the sofa. Her cheeks were hollow and her eyes were rimmed with red.
   "Katy!" Rayne squealed as she ran towards her and wrapped her arms around her. Katy smiled, slightly.
   "Hey Kitten!" Her eyes flicked up and she saw me. "You're matching! You - oh my gosh, you cut your hair!" She laughed weakly.
   "Yeah. How's Rayne?" Rayne asked.
   "I don't want to go to hospital. The KatyCats will break the Internet if the find out I'm pregnant, and we're not calling it Rayne." Katy coughed a deep chesty cough. I perch myself on the edge of a chair as Rayne and Katy talk.
   After a while my ears begin to ring. I stopped paying attention to what was going on and look around the room. Everything meshed into one big blob of colour in front of me and the ringing got worse.
   I put my hand to my forehead, or I think I did, and all of the merging colours invade my vision.
   Thousands of tiny stars appeared in my black vision and then nothing. I don't remember.

*Katy's POV*

   Rayne came over. I was so happy but I don't think it showed. I can't hold onto anything anymore and I look like hell.
   Rayne's babbling on about something when I glance over at Taylor. She's gone all pale. I would have pointed it out to Shannon but she refused to be in the same room as her.
   Taylor put a hand to her forehead before she slid off of the chair. The back of her shirt caught on the chair and her belt dug painfully into her stomach. When it slipped it rode up more and caught on the bottom of her bra.
   I gasped at the sight. Her stomach was a dark, sickening shade of purple. Rayne noticed my expression and darted over.
   She cupped Taylor's head in her hands.
   "Hey. Taylor what's up. Please don't die." I heard the desperation in her voice. "I need you. We have to go singing in the studio. Help me get a job in the industry so I can finally leave." Rayne's arms snaked around Taylor's neck and I could hear her soft sobs.
   Rayne was using Taylor? Taylor's delicate frame convulsed and vomit splashed from her mouth. I went over to Rayne and put my hand to her shoulder.
   She pounced into my arms.
   "You're using her?" I asked.
   "No, I want to meet her manager. Maybe he could sign me to his record label and I could leave. I don't like living with Taylor. ADHD." She was crying hysterically.
   "You have ADHD?" I asked, shocked. She nodded.
   "David's my dad too." I dropped Rayne and sat on the sofa.
   She told me that Taylor ran away and met David. They were forced to do it by some of David's friends and when she was born Taylor's mom put her up for adoption whilst Taylor was out singing.
   I remember when he ran away. Mom was pissed when he came back. He'd never told us he got a girl pregnant though, at least not me anyway.
   "Come on. We have to take you guys home." Rayne helped me carry the tall blonde to her car and I sat in the drivers seat.
   I drove to her house and heaved her inside. I left her on the sofa. It wasn't until now, I realised, that how much hatred runs between us is at least ninety percent her towards me.
   My stomach hurt, a lot, I could feel the bile. I ran in desperate search for a toilet. Rayne noticed my sudden disappearance and guided me to one.
   I emptied the contents of my stomach and grabbed my phone. Being sick reminded me of the vomit I left a Shannon's.

   Sorry, I was sick and didn't make it to the bathroom. Just took Rayne home.