Chapter 3

3 Months Passed.................

Author's POV:-

Deepthi is constantly attempting university entrance exams apart from her preparation for the NEET exam. Even though it is her priority she kept other options as backup to join other universities forgetting everything that happened in her home. She didn't have any thought of not becoming a doctor in her life.

She took a break and came to meet her family for a week.

------------------------------------------------------

"Dad, I want to ask you something" Deepthi started to conversation with her father.

"Yeah, ask me Deepu" Rajiv replied.

"As you know I have been preparing for my main exams and meanwhile I have attempted local university exams in which I qualified for two exams and I kept those as my backup options. I am working much more on the upcoming competitive exams. I know the debts increased more this year than we expected because of our education fees and everything. I want to ask about my next step regarding this step and your opinion regarding this." explained Deepthi about her preparation and his thoughts about this.    

Samyuktha interrupted and said "Deepu I know I am hurting you but I just want you to be aware of the situation that we are in, to become a doctor the entire process is costly and we are trapped in everything too which I always suggest you consider about our family. Not because of gender discrimination or anything against you. I want you and Rahul to study more and settle well but it's unfortunate to you from us for not being able to afford your dreams" she completed while tears rolling from her eyes. 

Deepthi consoled her and replied "Mom never think like that, it's my blessing to have parents like you who encourage their daughter's dreams despite marrying me to someone. I  estimated the overall cost in the upcoming years and am about to plan for other paths after my exam. I know you both loved us equally and raised us equally, so I don't want to burden you more to fulfill my dreams. I would quit if you asked me to, but it's my wish to sit for the exam and qualify even if I might have to quit that for some other reason.

"Samyuktha I understood your intention but imagine if Deepthi could complete her education and guide Rahul in his life and they both will achieve everything they want and become so successful. We will be so satisfied that we educated our both children and will never regret a moment if we can pass this tough phase" Rajiv explained his hope beyond this and added

 "It is great our deepu came this far and I believe she will clear the upcoming exams also, asking her to quit her dreams at this point is not the correct thing to say. Let's go for a last chance that might help her dreams. Deepu get ready for tomorrow by sharp '8' in the morning."

Deepthi put a confused face at his dad's words to which he assured her "I will tell you later, just get ready by tomorrow".

The next day.........

Deepthi wore a simple white dress that suited her personality and maintained a minimalistic look.

Then both Rajiv and Deepthi went and she stayed silent and didn't ask her father about the place they were going.

"We are going to Pankaj Kapoor's house" explained her dad.

"Oh," she nodded.

"You know Deepu, he is one of my friends to whom I can share anything, regardless of their status and everything he still communicates without any ego. Meena, his wife truly considered me as her brother and had a great bond. Your grandfather and their father are close friends and Pankaj's father had a good opinion of me. so even if we are not in a position to compete with them still they consider us their most trustworthy and respectable persons" added Rajiv.

"But Dad, why didn't you ask them earlier?

"Asking them for help seems a bit embarrassing to me, and it has been a long time since I went to their house although they may help we should request politely. OK?" Rajiv asked to which she nodded yes.

At Kapoor's House******

Deepthi was stunned by their home to which her jaw dropped. She had never seen such a beautiful house well decorated and organized in the exact way it was supposed to be.

"The design of the house must be taken care of by a group of designers and it was such a heaven with some nature-studded view"Deepthi was thinking about this and she heard a voice to which she turned.

"Hello Rajiv Bhaiyya(Brother), How have you been?, it's been a long time since you visited us and we have been thinking about you.Pankaj called you once and you were busy at that time. Finally, you came after a long gap and who is she? Your daughter?" asked Meena after greeting them.

 Deepthi was looking in so surprised way that she hadn't seen people like her before. She went to her friend's house and she was aware of how rich people communicate and she knew that their ego would speak before them. But after watching how comfortably wished she excluded her from that list.

"I am fine Meena. How are you? and where is Pankaj? I got busy these days and couldn't get in touch with you and thought of visiting you once I am free. And yeah, she is my daughter Deepthi. Is Pankaj there?" asked Rajiv after politely greeting her.

"Not yet, he will be in an hour. Please come" Meena took them inside. 

As soon as she entered she couldn't believe her eyes. How lavishing the interior is and she stood there frozen eyes widened and thought "If I could ever become this rich, this is how I built my home" Her eyes were not enough to watch their interior.

It's something like this:

"Sit Deepthi," Meena asked her to which she sat uncomfortably.

"I know it's your first time but make yourself comfortable," Meena told her while serving them.

Deepthi replied with a gentle smile.

"What are you studying right now?" Meena asked.

"Twelfth standard, currently preparing for exams" Deepthi replied.

Rajiv started to speak with Meena while Deepthi's eyes were observing the beauty of their house.

Just then Parthiv's car horn was heard.

._____._____._____._____._____.

PS: I am a new writer so as the story goes forward I will try to improve my writing as per your suggestions trying to understand the audience is important, so I accept whatever you send, love, hate anything. If possible instead of hating try to suggest I will check and try to interact with you. English is not my first language so accept the mistakes if any. Thank You for the Time and interest <3.