Chapter 13

"Deepu, how are you?" Samyuktha lifted Rajiv's phone.

She usually does not lift Rajiv's mobile but Deepthi answered her.

 "I am fine Mom."

"so, how is your preparation going?"

"Yeah, I am preparing well. How are you? and Where is Dad?" 

"He got a mild stroke deepu. But he is fine now. Doctors advised him to rest for a couple of months."   

"What???? Really!!!!!" Deepthi asked out of shock.

"Mom, why didn't you tell me earlier?" added as her voice dried and started to cry.

"I was so busy and couldn't explain to you earlier. Moreover, I don't want to disturb you right now."

"Mom, do you think my preparation is more prioritized than our family? at least Rahul should told me right?" she asked in an annoying tone.

"Not like that dear. please try to understand from my perspective" Samyuktha tried to calm her.

"It's okay. how is he right now? I will start by this evening." Deepthi asked about Rajiv's condition.

"Since it was a mild stroke, we took him to the hospital at the right time. He is out of danger and recovering well. He just needs some rest and you don't need to come." she assured Deepthi

"It's okay Mom. You already delayed without telling and now don't try to stop me."  

"By the time he recovers, he will scold me for making you worry. He will be worried about your presence since your exams are about to hit and that might disturb your preparation" Samyuktha consoled her and explained the actual reason.

Before Deepthi was about to say, she concluded by saying,

"Okay, deepu. The doctor came to check, I will call you later. You can speak with him after he could recover a bit." 

The next few days Deepthi was totally disturbed by the events that happened recently in her life. She couldn't focus on her preparation but prepared because of the commitments and expectations everyone had on her. Although she hadn't decided about the agreement, that thought disturbed her.  

After a few days, she received a message from Parthiv asking about her decision to which she kept away her mobile. After 10 minutes, she received a call, and without looking she picked up and yelled

"Didn't I tell you? I need time."

  "Deepu.........." a slow calm voice from the other side made her pause for a moment and realized it was her dad.

"D...Dad!!!" her voice broke

"Angel, How are you? seems like you are worrying."

After listening to her dad's voice, she can't control herself from crying. She worried very much about his health over the past week. Even though she was asking about his health condition that doesn't help her.

Lately, she needs her father to discuss the events that are occurring and wants to stay with his side as his health is ruined at this moment. She was about to explain her inner pain but stopped considering his stroke.

"Deepu, don't cry dear. I can't tolerate my sweet little angel crying out of pain" Deepthi came to her senses.

"You are making me worried Dad. I didn't even have any idea regarding your health until I called you. Mom told me after everything and insisted on me to stay here" she replied in a worried voice.

"Even if you came here and disturbed, your preparation will be affected. After all, it was just a mild stroke, nothing to be worried about. I don't want you to struggle between our family problems and career tensions Deepu. I want you to stay without any tensions and worries, so finish your exams well and come home and I will be waiting for you" Rajiv calmed his daughter.

After some casual discussions about his health Rajiv interrupted and said

"I forgot to tell you an important thing, Deepu. Pankaj's family along with Parthiv came after knowing about my health.  

"Oh, Did Parthiv was there?" she asked him most casually.

"Yeah, and he told me about the agreement."

"Agreement? What did he explain to you???" she was concerned about the truth.

"They are not going to disclose their names and business. He also said that he guided you regarding your preferences and everything. Did he?"

"Oh, yeah. He guided and explained the procedure" She felt relieved after he hid the actual agreement.

"Is there any problem with the agreement?" Rajiv suddenly asked to which she didn't answer for a second.

"Nothing like that. Actually, I was so busy that I didn't have time to read it properly." Deepthi said while hiding the truth.

"Deepu, Parthiv might be the busiest person regarding his business and everything he has to deal with. So keeping them in mind, try to sign as early as possible as it will be inappropriate to keep them waiting. Since my condition is not good, I am suggesting you take the decision fast. Or if you have any trouble regarding that, I will try to ask on behalf of you after my recovery." 

"No need Dad. You just take some rest and have a speedy recovery. I will take care of those things. All I need is your healthy and happy life" Deepthi assured her father.

._____._____._____._____._____.

PS: I am a new writer so as the story goes forward I will try to improve my writing as per your suggestions trying to understand the audience is important, so I accept whatever you send, love, hate anything. If possible instead of hating try to suggest I will check and try to interact with you. English is not my first language so accept the mistakes if any. Thank You for the Time and interest <3.