Chapter 21

"I never thought you would do that to me," Karthika said with an irritated tone.

"What are you talking about?" Deepthi asked her in a doubt.

"You came home and prepared your meal, right? there I have been waiting for you in the hospital for more than 2 hours and you didn't have a concern. Still, you think you had that audacity to yell at me. Hmm?"

Deepthi suddenly realized her mistake that Karthika was waiting for her but she came home without informing her.

"I am sorry Karthika, I forgot about you."

"That's what I am asking you, you are the one who could easily forget others. You didn't think for a second about me"

"With all respect please consider my apologies Mam 😊" Deepthi requested cutely.

"I will accept only if you reveal the reason behind your forgetness. What made you busier than remembering your priority."

"I got disturbed and taken away by my thoughts."

"Deepthi, are you okay now? " Karthika's tone changed.

"Yeah, I am okay now." 

Deepthi assured, the topic changed and they went for a casual walk near their area.

"And forgot to ask, what happened there?" Karthika asked in the middle of their conversation.

"Ah...that! Our Chairman's son got severely ill but he couldn't stay in hospital. So they are trying to team up with some doctors who will treat him at their home. We checked his condition and we had been explained the instructions"

"Parthiv Kapoor?" Karthika asked her.

"Even you know that he is the son of our chairman? How come I didn't realize that he was related to our hospital?" Deepthi asked in a surprised way.

"Everybody in our hospital knows that"  

"No wonder I am so stupid sometimes that I didn't find that these chained hospitals were part of their business,"  Deepthi thought about herself.

"What was the reason behind his illness?" Deepthi asked Karthika even if it didn't relate to her life.

"I don't know properly many rumors came, but none of them are true. Since they are at the top level, secrets wouldn't be revealed" Karthika said and added,

 "So, from tomorrow you are going there to treat in addition to your regular work right?" 

"Honestly, I don't want to take this extra burden, Karthika. Their mansion is so far and the traveling is about 2 hours. I can't take this extra pressure in my life. I am going to inform the management tomorrow."

"What if they force you?" 

Deepthi took a deep breath and answered "Then I am okay to resign. I will find my new job if they give me this pressure. See for normal duties it's getting almost 10 P.M and if I start to treat there in extra, then I don't need to sleep. So I am gonna do anything but not his treatment" 

"Hey Deepthi, Why are you overthinking? I am just kidding. Don't think too much. It's not going to be like that. If you complain to our management all of a sudden, do you think that would change everything? My suggestion is to treat him for a week or two and then you could slowly reveal them. Don't try to make things too fast."

"Okay, I will wait for two weeks and I'll explain them later."

._____._____._____._____._____.

PS: I am a new writer so as the story goes forward I will try to improve my writing as per your suggestions trying to understand the audience is important, so I accept whatever you send, love, hate anything. If possible instead of hating try to suggest I will check and try to interact with you. English is not my first language so accept the mistakes if any. Thank You for the Time and interest <3.