Royal

I opened my eyes to chains. My arms, wrists, ankles, legs, waist, and neck all had chains of iron holding me on my knees. I was wearing a long silver dress and I could tell that my makeup and hair had been done. The doors opened and Ajax walked in. He was dressed meticulously in a suit his wings were hidden and I could tell that the left one was still broken by the way he held his arm. I glared at him and pulled at my chains. He took a step back as if he were scared. I smirked. He took a deep breath and straightened.

"Someone very important is coming to see you. I suggest you be on your best behavior." He said

I laughed and his eyes narrowed. His hand raised as if to slap me and I snapped at him. He flinched and I laughed harder. He grabbed my chin and pulled my face up to look at him.

"Oh he's going to have fun with you princess." He said

"Just like you did butterfly?" I mocked

He let go of my chin in disgust. I laughed again. He started walking out of the room but stopped in the doorway.

"Add more chains I don't trust her." He told the guards around me, "Oh and find a way to shut her up."

He walked out and the guards all looked at me. They seemed very hesitant to come near me now that I was awake. What had Ajax found out? What was I? One guard bravely came up and started hooking more chains to my neck and arms. He numbed against me and flinched.

"Sorry." He mumbled

I stared at him in shock. What the f@ck was going on? Why were they so scared of me. One guard growled.

"This is retarded I'm not getting myself killed." One said

"Well I'm not gonna be afraid of no girl." The other argued

I watched them continue arguing and wanted to laugh. They were scared shitless of me. I couldn't figure out why, but they were. Before I could think of something to say to use this to my advantage someone gagged me. I turned my head and glared at the guard who had done so and he backed away. His brown eyes were wide with fear. The doors opened and all the guards rushed to their posts. I turned to look at whoever was coming in.

He had dark black hair and golden eyes. He wore a loose pair of dark jeans that hung loosely at his hips and a grey t- shirt that was so tight it was almost see through. I could feel the power radiating off of him and it made me nervous. He smiled at me and my eyes narrowed. Ajax followed behind him looking tired. I pulled against the ropes and he jumped. I almost choked on my gag laughing. The other man chuckled. The sound was deep and rich. He approached me and knelt down in front of me.

"Sir..." Ajax started but the man hushed him

The man ran his hand through my hair and I flinched away from him. He smiled and pulled his hand away.

"You're an amazing creature Asteria." He said

I just stared at him and he chuckled again. I could tell that he was not to be trusted. He talked to me like I was a child.

"Do you know who I am darling?" He asked

I continued staring at him and he ran the back of his hand against my arm until the hair stood up.

"My father helped create this world a long time ago. He thought men should rule and he won. He became King of Beasts and used women to get sons. He had four daughters and me. When he died I took over. My name is Sorin, King of Beasts." He said, "When we took this world women did not all submit easily. Many fought and died, but none were stronger than those from the West Islands. They had power from the moon and the night which gave them an advantage over those beasts who drew power from those things. They were women of war and my father made sure to kill every single one of them."

He pulled my gag off and smiled at me. There was something off about that smile.

"Those women apparently we're able to hide one of their own from us. You, Asteria, are an Amazon. The last one and I will be taking you as mine." Sorin said

I smiled sweetly at him pushing the shock of what he had said to the back of my mind.

"You can try." I said

I felt my eyes change color and Sorin stood. Power radiated off of him and something inside me pushed back.

"You know I should kill you Asteria and finish off your line, but I want you. You're going to be mine and I won't stop until I have you." Sorin said

I felt a strength rush into me that I didnt recognize. It felt familiar though like a forgotten friend. I looked at Sorin and broke through all the iron chains except the ones around my ankles. Ajax jumped and guards ran up but they stopped when Sorin raised his hand. My next words were not my own. They came from something ancient and long gone.

"Sorin you are King of Nothing."