Poison

Aegeus's perspective:

The door swung open and Aegeus found Asteria on the ground unconcious. He ran to her and checked her pulse. He couldn't find one. He started CPR and called for the other guards to get medics. They ran knowing that Sorin would be furious if his prize died. But, Aegeus was worried about more than that. Finally she started breathing again and her pulse picked up, but she was still unconious. Her skin was pale and she felt cold. He lifted her up and carried her out to the medics that were running towards them. They looked frantic and frightened at what would happen to then if she died. Sorin would be pissed. But what they didn't know was that if she died it would save their way of life and ruin the other womens. He needed to make sure she was alive. Aegeus ran back to the room and pushed away some of the other guards in the process. One held a cup that had been sitting by Asteria's bed. Aegeus out ranked him and used that to his advantage.

"Have you found anything?" Aegeus asked him

"The woman had been poisoned. I'm guessing with some sort of naturally occurring substance. It's not familiar to me so it may have been someone's ability." The guard said

"Are you sure?" Aegeus demanded

The guard visibly swallowed, "I'm a Viper so I know it's a poison. But this isn't snake venom. That's all I know."

Aegeus grabbed the cup and bolted out to the ambulance. He used his Horseman speed and just barely made it before they closed the doors. He jumped in suprising the medics. He handed on the cup.

"Whatever she was poisoned with should be present in this cup. Can we use it to make an antivenom?" Aegeus asked

"Once we make it to the hospital well give it to our specialist immediately." The medic said

Aegeus loomed at Asteria who was currently unconcious with three types of IVs attached to her. Her heart beat was slow and he couldn't stand the beeping noise of the heart moniter. One of the medics was using their gift to help keep Asteria alive but Aegeus could feel the death in her. The medic wasn't as strong as Tess and wouldn't last much longer. It was only 5 minutes to the hospital, but it felt like it took forevor. Once they arrived the medics rushed Asteria out of the ambulance. One of the medics handed a woman the cup and she stuck her finger in it and tasted it. Her eyes closed and Aegeus looked at her like she was an idiot.

" Chimera venom." She said

The medics nodded and raced Asteria to a room.

"How do you know for sure?" Aegeus asked the medic

"I'm a Weasel. Immune to venom so I eat it like candy. Chimera venom is a real treat." She said

Aegeus stared at her blankly in shock. What the hell was wrong with this woman? He shook it head and walked away to go find Asteria's room.

"She'll survive. We need her to!" The Weasel woman shouted

All Aegeus could do was hope.