13 : Just us

"One single thread of gold, tied me to you"
➹♡➷➹♡➷➹♡➷
Lizzie

"Oo also JJ hooked up with sienna, remember her? She was in our dormitory when you were a freshman" Gracie says catching me up on JJ's last night adventures as she fiddles with the toaster, I slap her hand away before she breaks anything, again.

"I gotta go take this table I'll be right back" I say to her leaving her by the counter as I search for my notepad walking towards the table with new customers.

Once I locate my notepad I look up and freeze, my body tenses and my eyes go wide as I stare at the Pembroke hockey team or more specifically their captain, it takes me a moment to long to realise that they are all staring back at me.

Some with amused expressions and some with confused looks, I quickly turn on my heel trying to ignore the heat forming on my cheeks as I fast walk back to the counter.

I turn around so my back faces the table and I am able to lean on the counter top. I haven't seen him in a week, a week without texting each other, a whole fucking week and he now he decides to pop into the diner that I work at with half his fucking hockey team.

"Oh is that the panthers hockey team?" Gracie says oh so casually, not like our friends would literally pick us up and drag us out of the diner if it meant we didn't interact with them.

"Oh my god, they're in my section" I groan rubbing my hands over my face in frustration,

"Just go, if something bad happens just cough like loudly and I'll come save you" she says biting into a apple.

I hate how little of a choice I have, either I go and end up totally embarrassed or flushed or I get a deep dent in my pay check for this week. God knows I need it.

I calm myself down before I walk back over to the booth acting like nothing happened, I clear my throat and pull out my notepad.

"What can I get you guys?" I say faking a smile. A few of them let their eyes roam my body while others give me a innocent smile, I recognise a few faces from when I went to watch some games.

My gaze falls upon a familiar light brunette who made quite the impression on me,
"Hey Lizzie" Wyatt says winking at me,

"Hi Wyatt" I say shyly waving at him, some of the guys let out quiet chuckles at our interaction.

"Lizzie-" the guy I have been trying to avoid gazes with finally speaks, I fight off the urge to look at him.

"What can I get you guys? Drinks?" I say cutting Luke off which shuts up his team.

Most of the guys order cheeseburgers and cokes while the other order pizzas, I ignore the way my body feels when I notice him staring at me.

I walk back over to the counter the minute I am done not giving a second for another conversation or interaction to arise.

"I need to give these orders to the kitchen, be right back" I say leaving Gracie by herself again with her phone, I don't even think she is listening to a word I am saying and from the smile on her face I can tell she is texting her boyfriend.

"Hey princess, you still single?" Marco our Senior college student chef says winking at me, I let out a light chuckle knowing that he is only joking.