24 : The Rink

"I knew I'd curse you for the longest time"
➹♡➷➹♡➷➹♡➷
Lizzie

"So I heard from a birdie that you snagged my captain" Eli wiggles his eyebrows at me as we walk side by side behind Luke who is a few steps ahead.

"Oh my god" I hide a smile by slapping a hand onto my face,

"He told you?" I ask, it's been at least three hours since we've been official and since then we've come downstairs for breakfast and driven to the rink for Eli's private session with Luke which I am tagging along for.

The thought of one of my friends finding out from someone else makes me sick but I know that if they do find out there would be an ultimatum and I can't do that.

"Oh no, cap's secretive as fuck. I heard you moaning his name this morning."
"Oh Luke! Ahhh! I'm cominggg" he mimics a high pitched voice and I slap a hand on his shoulder red from embarrassment and laughter as we reach the door to the rink.

A warm veiny arm wraps around my waist from behind and I lean back with a wide smile on my face.

"Talk about my girlfriends sex noises again and I'll make sure your career is over." Luke threatens, Eli turns white as a ghost as he leaves my side and walks stiffly down the hallway.

"Watch your back kid!" Luke warns half laughing to himself, his breath fanning my hair.

"Hi baby" he whispers into my hair as he spins me around to face him, my smile gets brighter as I look at him.

"Hi" I breath out, he wastes no time swooping in and taking my lips in his, intertwining our tongues together.

"Can I have my captain back?!" Elijah shouts from the end of the hallway all geared up, another smile spread across my lips.

"Are you gonna come watch?"

"Yeah, I'll just look around first" I say as he gives me on last kiss before stalking off in the direction of Eli.

"If you're not on the ice I'm gonna rip you to shreds for making me walk away from my girlfriend!" I hear Luke shout as I make my way towards the vending machine on the other side of the hallway.

⎯⎯ ୨୧ ⎯⎯

I let out a loud ringing wolf whistle as Luke skates up to the sidelines of the ice towards me, his helmet hanging from his fingers with his hair messy and everywhere.

His smile is wide and his cheeks are lightly tinted from the cold, he skates up to me coming to an abrupt stop right in front of me causing ice shavings to fly in my face.

"Hi-" before the words have a chance to escape my mouth Luke cups my cheek and smashes his lips into mine.

Threading my fingers through his hair bringing him closer to me, to keep him safe, I want to punch anyone who ever hurt them and tell them to fuck off.

"I'll meet you by the front, I need to go to the locker room first." He says once we break the kiss, my words get stuck in my throat at the sight of him, my boyfriend, so I nod my head slowly.

Turning around with a wide smile on my face my heart jumps out of my chest when I see a figure looming in the hallway.

"Eli? Shit you scared me" I say placing a hand over my beating heart.

"I'm sorry" his voice breaks,

"What's wrong?" my hand leaves my chest and my eyebrows furrow.

"You remind me of someone that's all." He says as I walk in step next to him,

"Eli."

"My older sister. She uh-" he stutters,

"You don't have to explain, especially not to me"

"No it's okay. Three years ago s-she um, she took her own life. I came home from practice and went to her room and there she was on the floor, so much blood" He whispers, my body shivers and my heart hurts.

"You act a lot like her. She was so kind to everyone that people started calling her sunshine, I made fun of the nickname for years." He scoffs the last line out, a silent sob soaring through his body at the same time.

Luke emerges from the swing doors, his face lit in a smile when he spots us.

"You've got this thing to you Lizzie. Don't let anyone take it away." Eli mumbles pain taking over his face, Luke walks up to me placing a peck on my lips.

His eyebrows furrow when he notes out solemn expressions, I give him a head nod hoping it will explain everything, he gives me one last kiss on the forehead before catching up with Eli who started walking towards the car.

He swings an arm over him "Let's go home kid" he says ruffling his hair.

A light smile appears on my face as I watch them, my mind running a million things at once.

You've got this thing to you Lizzie. Don't let anyone take it away

➹♡➷➹♡➷➹♡➷
This was such a short chapter I'm so sorry😭😭

I have a physics test Tomorrow and I haven't studied....

I'm planning speeches I want in the later chapters when drama happens and it's heartbreaking 💔