38 : Lovesick

"And when I break, it's in a million pieces."
➹♡➷➹♡➷➹♡➷
Lizzie

"You good?" Levi nudges me,

"Amazing, why?" I frown, looking back at Professor Craig who is in the middle of giving another "expectations" talk.

"You've just been out of it the whole class."

Yeah well maybe because I am freshly single. And I've never felt worse.

Three days, it's been three days since I've seen Luke. He tried to call me the first day a few times and left tons of messages, so I gave my phone to Gracie and told her not to give it back until they stop coming through.

I got my phone back the next day, by that night I had sobbed all my tears out and when Luke sent one last text, I sobbed uncontrollably.

Luke: I love you Elizabeth, don't ever doubt that.

That was last night.

More than anything do I want to tell him to stay, to be in his arms, but I can't, I can't let him give up on his biggest dream. I would hate myself.

"So Vancouver is your goal?"

"Yeah, has been my dream for a long time."

"Just tired." I shrug, blinking out of the flashback.

"Yeah well-"

"Isn't it so sad, apparently he left last night. That's what Becca told me and she's friends with one of the guys on the team." I tune Levi out, focusing my attention on the two girls in front of me gossiping.

I tap the brunettes shoulder, "Who?"

"Oh hey Lizzie"

"Who?"

"Luke Beckett." A breath gets caught in my throat and I immediately jump out of my seat, rushing down the stairs not even looking back when professor Craig calls my name.

Before I know it I'm at the doorstep of the Pembroke Hockey house, I stall outside.

He couldn't be gone?
He couldn't.

He would've said something-

"Lizzie." My head snaps up but disappointment washes over me when I see the figure at the door,

"Wyatt." I breathe out,

"I-is, is he gone?" I stutter,

"Lizzie-" He looks down at me with pity,

"Is he gone?" My voice is clipped,

"He left last night-" A cry sneaks out of my mouth and I cover it with my hands-"I told him to go see you, but he said you wouldn't want to see him. I didn't push it."

"No no no-"

"Lizzie-"

"No!" I cry, my legs drop and I land on the cobblestone steps, my body rocking back and forth.

Suddenly I realise I'll never see him again, I'll never hear his laugh, see his smile, hear his words.

Tears roll out of me.

I thought we'd have more time.

➹♡➷➹♡➷➹♡➷

This is such a short chapter which is why it's out early😭

BUT I needed you guys to see Lizzie's POV because it was crucial!!

Next chapter will probably come out Saturday and it WILL be longer💖