40 : August

"If you never bleed, you're never gonna grow."
➹♡➷➹♡➷➹♡➷
Lizzie
Three months later ~ August
** I recommend listening to sad music for better experience!

If I could describe my summer in three words it would be.

Cry. Tan. Give no fucks.

Repeat.

Okay, so maybe that's not three words but it sums up my summer pretty well. After graduation we went on a friend group holiday to Spain, I used the rest of my savings for the holiday and it did not disappoint.

Spain was everything. I needed to get away from America, and the time away helped.

I feel newer, better.

I've avoided all outlets of the sports section in hockey but I still manage to see peaks of how his life is doing now and then.

I would be lying if I said it didn't hurt.

If there wasn't a bit of me that hated him for leaving, but even then I knew I was lying because I couldn't hate him.

My heart loved him too much.

But I wasn't going to sit and cry over him everyday, I was Lizzie Myers for fuck sake. I make boys cry, not the other way round.

"You're looking...fresh." I look up at the sound of Archie's voice, he takes a look at the flour on the table then back at me.

"Yeah, funny."

I was quite aware of how much of a mess I looked, my hair was in a messy bun with strands falling out, I had a old 'I ❤️ NYC' shirt on with a pair of tiny shorts.

I was covered in flour, and I mean covered. My face, arms, even my freaking legs.

"I'm trying new things." I defend when Archie continues to laugh at me, I was trying new things and today I was planning to try and bake something.

"Best thing I've seen. Give us a twirl, I'm gonna send this to the group chat."

"Absolutely not ya prick." I huff out holding up my spatula,

"Chill Chill, I need to use your bathroom before I go to campus."

"Why are you going to campus?" We've still got a week left and I have no intentions of ruining my goodish mood by stepping on campus,

"Need to sort some things out with my classes." His voice trails off as he walks into the bathroom, leaving me slumped on my kitchen counter.

I push the cookies in the oven and locate my phone on the couch, scrolling through instagram.

I pause when I see a photo of him, my heart races, my hands shake, my body shivers.

And just like that, Im back to the familiar feeling of a dagger cutting into me but this time it's worse because this time It's like there is another knife, a knife of betrayal.

Luke Beckett seen out with Sophia Cha, Vancouver Vipers new star and staff hitting it off!

The photo is harmless, he's wearing his usual scowl, his tattoos are shown off as he wears a tight white shirt, he looks good. His hand is on the upper part of her back, completely harmless, just guiding her.

It's obvious they've come with other people since I can see other players in the background so it was obviously a team outing.

But it hurts, it hurts so bad. It hurts to know that she's in his life, replacing me.

"Liz? Liz what's wrong?" I startle straightening my back at the sound of Archie's voice.

"Nothing." I blink back my tears,

"You know that means nothing. He's just helping her out of the way of the paparazzi." Archie surprises me by saying, I fully expected him to throw curses at him.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

I stand up abruptly, arms come around me embracing me in a much needed hug.

"You always have me Liz, always."

I lean my weight into him, my body failing to stay up.

"There's a party tomorrow, you should come. It will help you take your mind off things."

"Archie-"

"I'll pick you up at 7, Let Sofi help you."

"Okay." I breathe out knowing that there would be no getting out of this now, maybe it would be good for me.

To finally move on.

➹♡➷➹♡➷➹♡➷

I know this is a short chapter, sorry guys but I promise next chapter will be like really long!

TTPD is so good! I literally love all the songs💞

Also are you guys proud of me for two chapters in one day😁