29 : My fucked up boyfriend

"You can aim for my heart go for blood, but you'll still miss me in your bones."
➹♡➷➹♡➷➹♡➷
Lizzie

Checking my phone for the sixth time in the past ten minutes greets me with the reminder I've already seen for the past two days.

No New Messages

I silently groan into my textbook as I place my phone down next to me looking ahead at the slideshow that seems to capture all my classmates attention.

"You look happy" Levi snickers from next to me,

"Yeah sorry it's been a bad day." I say, bad day is not even close to what I feel. For starters this morning my alarm broke and I was late to my first class and the worst part is my boyfriend hasn't even messaged me in two days.

I can't put entirely all the blame on him as I haven't reached out either since the last time I saw him he had a bloody face. But things have between us have felt strained and I don't want it to feel like that so I've taken the cowards way out choosing to avoid him instead.

"Fuckkk" Levi groans from next to me as he slouches back into his seat, curiosity brings my eyes to glance up.

"Who's playing?" I say noting the hockey game playing on his screen, I know the answer before he even speaks, the colours of my boyfriends school flashing around the stadium.

"Panthers vs Eagles, son of a bitch scored two goals in first period. Insane." Levi half chuckles as the screen moves onto a clip of Luke spraying water into his mouth, his expression strained and cold nothing like the guy I know.

Instantly I feel a buzz in my body, a feeling in my guy that's telling me what to do next.

"I'm sorry I have to go." I blurt out while abruptly standing up only after doing so I realise how bad of an idea it was, heads turn my way as Professor Craig stops his speech about bimolecular synthesis to stare at me.

"Ms Myers."

"I'm sorry for disrupting, I have to go." I say rushing down the stairs.

"Ms Myers-" I cut him off by running out of the room rushing out of campus, fumbling my steps as I walk to my car pulling out my keys.

Luke.

The one thing I can think about as I drive towards the stadium in the middle of town, my heart beating fast and my hands coated in sweat.

What if he doesn't want to see me?
He never asked me to come.

The questions keep on whirring in my mind as I pull up into the stadium, a handful of people in black and red colours run into the stadium laughing and smiling.

Slamming my car door shut I make my way over to the ticket stand, covered in fairy lights and scarfs covered in red and big bold letters that spell out PEMBROKE, a scrawny young looking guy stands beneath it hanging a cigarette between his lips.

"Hi can I have one seat please" I say looking down at my wallet as I fiddle with the cash notes,

"Second period is about to end." The guy on the counter says putting his cigarette back in his mouth as he assess me.