Chapter 10

The red siren continues to blast in my ear

The red siren continues to blast in my ear. Are we really fucking doing this now? I already had to deal with some fuckers this morning.

But the first thought that comes to my mind is,

Who the fuck escaped?

If it's anyone important I swear I'm going to single handedly watch the guards perish at my feet.

This specific warehouse is one of my biggest ones so if someone somehow got out of their cell then they would have many places to hide. I always prepare though. I have security cameras in almost every corner of this building.

The commotion continues as I stand there for just a moment. I watch as everyone panics, in a way it's amusing to watch them realize that if they don't find the person that they are going to die. And they are correct. I will not hesitate to kill every single guard in this building.

Most of my guards have realized that I have walked in and have stopped and at least tried to look less panicked.

The ones who haven't realized I'm here are running around with guns out looking. But who the fuck are they looking for?

Kade is right behind me and he's already talking into his phone. I'm not sure what he's doing but it must be useful. Even though Kade is a fucking dipshit he's really smart.

"Who escaped?" I snap at a passing guard. He looks like he's about to piss himself when I ask him, there's sweat running down his forehead. I raise an eyebrow when he doesn't say anything for the next few seconds. I get that he's scared for his life, i mean hes talking to a fucking mafia leader. But he should be able to spit out a name

"Are you going to stand there and look like a stupid fuck or are you going to tell me" I say and snap the man out of his trance.

I grip onto my gun that hangs just above my belt. I'm actually about to pull the fucking trigger on this man when a name comes out of mouth, the only problem is he said it in such a quiet voice that i didn't catch what he said

"What?" i say, I'm getting really pissed off at this fucker now

"Spit it out dipshit" I say and I take my gun off my belt and I hold it up to the man's forehead.

I push the metal deep into his skull as more sweat runs down his face, my finger is on the trigger, one press and the man's dead. And finally he speaks himself

"Garrent Carter" his voice comes out squeaky and high pitched.

A wave of shock comes over me.

How the fuck did he escape

But then rage takes over me. How could they let him escape?! How the fuck did he escape.

A million thoughts are running through my head but all I can focus on is how mad I am. How could they let one of the only chances we had of winning the war slip though their fingers?