Chapter 20

I got Skylar home around 3am this morning, she was very persistent to leave the venue

I got Skylar home around 3am this morning, she was very persistent to leave the venue. I'm pretty sure its only because she was drunk as fuck and the fact that she wanted to piss me off.

Skylar's room is right next to mine so I can hear wherever she walks around. I heard her get up a few hours ago and walk around for a bit before it went silent.

I know she found the rings since the maid had informed me they were no longer in the little boxes on her desk when she went to check on her.

It's past 1pm and I haven't seen Skylar emerge from her room yet.

Which is good news.

But avoiding her might be hard since I have nothing to do today. I mean that's a lie there's always something to do, but there seriously isn't anything interesting to do today.

I can't go out today because I have to keep my eye on an upload that's happening on my computer in my office, and because of how big this update is I'm unable to do anything else online since its taking up all of the fucking internet.

I don't really know what to do.

I've never really had free time, like ever.

***

The TV is spitting out some random words that I don't care to pay any attention to. I don't know what I'm watching anymore, its the news or something.

I'm in the living room on the couch, I've never noticed how comfy this couch is. 

My house is open plan so the kitchen is right behind me, I had someone make me some food a while ago so I'm not hungry or anything

I've been zoned out for a while. I've been trying to keep myself out of my head but when you're alone it's kind of hard to do that.

I'm pretty sure I look stupid just sitting here staring into nothing.

I'm not thinking about anything important. I don't think I am at least.

I could sleep.

I've never taken a nap before, I simply never needed to, I also don't usually have time. But at the moment falling asleep sounds like an amazing idea.

Just as I'm about to fall asleep the doors squeak open, I assume it's just one of my cleaners or something so I don't move.

It's been at least 5 minutes and the person hasn't moved. I can feel the presence of them standing by the door, 

A little while longer before i realize that they haven't moved at all and their just standing there. 

I wake myself up, I'm sure if somebody wanted to break in to assassinate me they would've already tried (and failed). so its someone else.

"Get out" I prop myself up on my elbows and look over at the door.

I look over to see who it is and I see that Skylar is standing in the doorway.