Chapter 24

I don't know what happened last night,

Like I literally cannot tell you why my brain allowed me to let it happen.

And it will never happen again.

I know Asher doesn't actually like me but yet I still cannot figure out why he would want to do that.

But when I woke up he was gone. I'm not surprised though, I didn't expect him to be here when I woke up anyway.

And thank god he wasn't there when I woke up because I think I would've locked myself in the bathroom and hid from him.

I've already gotten changed and had a shower, a very long shower at that.

I walk over to my bedside table and there's a piece of paper sitting there that reads:

Dear Mr and Miss Armani you have been formally invited to the Matters Annual ball at Point de la colline centrale, on the 19th of April.

The sauvegarde venue is held at 14th underheld sasha at the 4th path down.

Your name(s) have been added onto our VIP guest list, you will need to enter a separate room when you arrive.

you will be expected to dress formally.

This invite-

The letter continues to say that you need to dress formally and the timing of the ball blah blah blah.

I also think there's a little bit of French in there too.

I don't want to go to a ball especially that's held by a fucking mafia leader or family or something , and plus I don't even have a dress to wear.

I'm also not sure why we're on the VIP list but I'm sure Asher's got something to do with it.

I spent a while trying to figure out how to get out of the ball. But I'm reading very quickly that it's not going to be possible since when I signed the contract it said that I have to go to events with him.

Which is very unfortunate. Very very unfortunate.

I'm currently standing on the balcony brushing the snow off the edge of the balcony and drawing a smiley face.

My fingers are going red but I still continue to push it off the edge. It's only a two story cabin but it's a pretty tall cabin. If I were to fall off the balcony I would die in an instant.

Maybe that's not such a bad thing.

Suicide isn't the worst idea at the moment.

But I can't be bothered thinking about that right now.

My feet are starting to get cold so I walk back inside and I decide that I'm going to explore the cabin.

I'm roaming around the hallway until I find stairs.