𝟏𝟓 - 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐫𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬

As he walked out of his room, Max began texting Lando to make a special request. On the phone, the Red Bull driver suggested that the two of them go to the hotel where the two Ferrari drivers were staying to hang out with Carlos.

Immediately, the suggestion was rejected by Lando, stating, "I'm not really in the mood for a threesome, maybe some other day." To which Max argued that he had the wrong idea, that in fact, he wouldn't be hanging out with the two of them at all. He needed a favor.

"A favor? For Max Verstappen?" The English driver exclaimed excitedly. "I suppose a favor from you is worth a million. You'll owe me one."

Not to his surprise, it didn't take much to convince Lando. After all, the McLaren driver had actually been dying for a reason to go visit the Spanish driver, and he had only rejected the idea initially out of pure stubbornness.

In under an hour, the two were meeting each other at the grounds of the Ferrari host hotel. Inside, the two didn't spare secrecy and immediately announced at the reception that they were invited by Carlos Sainz. The managers barely questioned their intentions and happily allowed their entry into the hotel.

Lando, who seemed to be a bit more familiar with the few Ferrari staff members still hanging around the hotel at that time of the night, greeted them with no hesitation. By the time the two of them entered the elevators, their presence was acknowledged by everyone who was still awake and roaming at the hotel's reception.

"And to think this whole time I thought you were fucking Carlos." The British driver teased him.

"Be fucking for real." Max teased him back, adjusting his posture.

"Yeah, he isn't really your type, is he? You like pretty twinks." Lando paused, looking back at the blond. "I'm surprised you didn't try to go for me," he teased.

"I don't think you're my type." Max smirked at him and Lando laughed, finally reaching the level where the two Ferrari driver's rooms were located.

"Well, you aren't my type either." Lando argued, stepping out of the elevator.

"Didn't know you had one." Max teased as they parted ways, going to two separate ends of the hallway until they lost each other.

After agonizing seconds of waiting for any sign of the Ferrari driver, the door finally opened to reveal Charles. The driver's face appeared red, almost matching the color of his own suit. Max immediately assumed it was due to laying on his face; the disheveled state of his hair and the signs of just waking up were evident.

"Charles?" Max's voice was soft, a mixture of worry and guilt.

Unlocking the door with a mixture of hesitation and anticipation, Charles almost gasped as he found himself face to face with the man who had both left him standing and offered insights that he knew no other team would have shared with anyone else. It would be disingenuous to claim that the young driver hadn't yearned for the man's company, feeling like a lifeline had been abruptly severed earlier when their interaction had been limited to less than a minute.

"Max?" he asked, an obvious question but his mind still groggy from the sleep and previous emotional affair.

"Can I come in?" the blonde pleaded where he stood, trying to avoid making any mention of his intentions and of the previous events of the day before they were in the safety of his room.

Hesitation filled the Ferrari driver, the part of him that had been hurt by the play of events from the night before wanted to ask Max to leave, but the part of him that still wanted to stay close despite the pain, won out. Charles stepped aside and let the door open wider for the man, not saying anything but giving him the universal signal that he could come inside.