𝟐𝟔 - 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐳𝐚

MONZA GRAND PRIX

SUNDAY

RACE DAY

Leaving his hotel in the morning had been an event of itself. Crowds adorned the entrance, shouting blessings at the Ferrari drivers as they made their way to the car to take them to the track. Police had to manage the crowds to clear a path for them. Despite Carlos sitting next to him, he couldn't shake the weight of the people's hope resting solely on his shoulders. The older man had been a great teammate, receiving his fair share of adoration from the fans, but it was Charles who had been crowned as the chosen one destined to lead them to victory. With each passing year, his dream slipped further from his grasp, and he couldn't shake the fear that others were losing faith in him. Still, their unwavering passion and belief fueled his determination. If winning at Monza was the linchpin to maintaining their trust in his championship prospects, then he was resolved to pour his heart and soul into this, leaving no stone unturned in pursuit of victory.

As they stepped into the paddock, the air crackled with anticipation, camera flashes igniting the atmosphere. Amidst the frenzy, they graciously paused, their strides interrupted by brief encounters with fans fighting for a glimpse of them.

As Carlos subtly distanced himself, a flicker of apprehension danced across the man's features. Sensing something amiss, he scanned the surroundings until his gaze met those captivating blue eyes he had pondered upon the week prior. A grin erupted across his face, a candid moment captured by the ever-watchful lenses of the cameras. Stepping toward his rival, Charles extended his hand, initiating a handshake that effortlessly evolved into a brief embrace. In a hushed tone, he conveyed his anticipation for later. With a playful wink, Charles disengaged and hastened to catch up with Carlos, disappearing into the confines of the Ferrari garage to prepare for the impending briefing.

During the briefing, the drivers were afforded the opportunity to voice their concerns and offer suggestions regarding the track. Predictably, the chicane and its impact on qualifying emerged as a recurrent topic of discussion. Yet, true to form, few issues were addressed to the favor of the drivers, unless advocated by esteemed figures such as Hamilton or Max, who, on this occasion, chose to stay silent.

After the briefing was over, Max headed straight to the bathroom. To his luck, when Formula One drivers went into the shared bathrooms of the paddock people respectfully waited for them to leave before going in. Therefore, once the door was closed behind him, he knew no one but another driver would come barging in. Hoping the brunette would show up as they had planned,.

Knowing there was no time to waste, Charles had set out to the restroom. The young man maintained an air of composure as he stepped into the restroom, his senses keenly attuned to any signs of other drivers nearby. Ensuring that the coast was clear, he quietly pushed open the door to the third stall, swiftly slipping inside and securing the lock behind him without delay.

"I missed you," he confessed, closing the distance between himself and Max, the confines of the stall barely providing enough space for the two of them. The briefing had dragged on, feeling torturous, but perhaps it was simply his anticipation of this moment that made time crawl by. Each passing minute had been a test of patience as he yearned for their reunion.

Embracing Max with a fervent grip, the man held on tightly, acutely aware of the fleeting nature of their stolen moments together. Max had become an indispensable presence in his life, an addiction he couldn't bear to be without for too long. The thought of being separated from him sent waves of withdrawal coursing through him, compelling him to make every second count.

Looking up into Max's eyes with a bashful smile, Charles leaned in and pressed a tender kiss to his lips, savoring the connection between them. He maintained his hold on Max, unwilling to let go, knowing that their time together was precious and fleeting.