Prologue

After seven long years, Uns stepped off the plane and onto the familiar soil of her homeland, India.

She had returned seeking solace and rest from the demanding world of medicine, longing to immerse herself in the warmth of her family, the comfort of her friends, and the memories she had left behind.

As she gathered her luggage, memories of Him flooded her mind. She remembered his smile, his laughter, and the way he had made her feel alive.

Despite the years that had passed, his presence lingered in every corner of her mind, a bittersweet reminder of a love lost but never forgotten.

With a heavy heart and a determined spirit, she made her way to Reza Mansion, her childhood home.

Standing before its grand gates, she felt a wave of emotions wash over her. She had come full circle, back to where it all began.

"Finally, I am home," she whispered to herself, a mix of sadness and nostalgia in her voice. Little did she know, her journey was far from over.

As I stepped into the mansion, a shower of flowers greeted me, falling gently around me like a floral welcome

As I stepped into the mansion, a shower of flowers greeted me, falling gently around me like a floral welcome. There, standing in front of me, was my Ammi, her eyes glistening with tears. I rushed to her, embracing her in a tight hug.

"Ammi, why are you crying? Aren't you happy to see me?" I asked, my voice filled with concern.

Ammi gently patted my head, her touch comforting. "My dear Uns, these are tears of joy," she said, her voice choked with emotion. "I am so happy that you are back."

Feeling reassured, I smiled and said, "I missed you so much and where is Dad?"

Ammi's expression changed, and a shadow crossed her face. "Ah, Uns, your father is in the hospital. He had an important meeting to attend, but don't worry, he will join us for dinner."

I felt a pang of sadness. My father always seemed to be caught up in work, never having enough time for us. We had never sat down and had a normal conversation after that incident.

But for now, I pushed those thoughts aside, focusing on the joy of being back home, surrounded by the love of my family.

"Ammi, I'm so hungry right now," I said, feeling the familiar pangs of hunger after the long journey. "I'll freshen up, and please send a cup of coffee for me."

I made my way to my room, the room I had left untouched seven years ago. As I entered, I was struck by the familiarity of it all-the maroon theme, the arrangement of the furniture, everything was just as I had left it. It was as if time had stood still in this room.

While unpacking my clothes, I decided to call my best friend, Ezzeh. "Hey, Ezzeh, I finally reached home. It feels so good to be back," I said, relief evident in my voice.

"Congratulations, Uns! Finally, you're getting some time for yourself. Enjoy your vacation," she replied cheerfully.

I asked her about her plans to visit. "Arrey, now I have three shootings back to back. I'll think about it after that. Have you eaten something?" she inquired.