Chapter : 2 - His Mehbooba

It has been a week since Aziz met the girl with the scarf, and for the past week, he has been skipping his lectures.

His mother is aware of it, and she asked him politely, "Aziz, tell me what's the issue? Why aren't you attending the lectures?" She asked while bringing him tea and sitting beside him.

Aziz took a sip and then said in a lazy yet disinterested voice, "Nothing much, Ammi. The lectures are boring. I will attend them very soon."

His mother noticed his lack of interest and got up to leave. How could he explain to her that he was captivated by her eyes? Those eyes wouldn't let him focus on anything else.

He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't hear the knock or notice the person approaching him.

It was Aziz's father, Khalid Nader, known as the richest man in the business industry. He was a very calm person who had tried his best to balance both his professional and personal life.

He was a man of his word. He was very happy when Aziz, his first son, was born.

Khalid Nader and Zaina Nader had two more children, Tamir and Rasha. Their younger son, Tamir Nader, is in Paris to complete his studies, while their daughter Rasha is in a hostel.

Their eldest, Aziz Nader, lives with them. Although Aziz is the eldest, he was their most cherished. Aziz's every wish seemed like a command to Khalid Nader; they had raised Aziz with a lot of love and affection. However, Aziz's behavior had changed over the years.

Initially, he used to talk with him for hours, but in recent years, Aziz would come home from college, greet him, and then retreat to his room or spend hours outside.

Khalid Nader couldn't understand it at first, But one evening, when Khalid Nader saw Aziz smoking on the terrace, instead of getting angry, he felt deep sorrow. He saw himself as a failure as a father.

Aziz had never been like this before. In his helplessness, he approached Aziz and called out to him. Upon hearing his father's voice, Aziz felt as though he had been struck by a sudden force, his legs felt like they were giving way beneath him.

Aziz turned around, looking at his father Khalid with a deeply remorseful expression. He didn't want his father to find out about this.

Khalid Nader was feeling very angry, but he managed to control his anger and asked Aziz with great gentleness, "Agar cigarette pite hoon toh Nasha bhi karte honge?

" Aziz couldn't respond; his questions seemed to have rendered him speechless. Due to the lack of an answer, Khalid Nader asked his next question, " How long have you been smoking cigarettes?"

Aziz, lowering his gaze and speaking very softly, replied, "For 5 years." Khalid Nader couldn't believe it; he felt like he had made a mistake in hearing. He asked again, and the same answer came back, "5 years."

Khalid Nader then spoke to Aziz in a firm yet loud voice, "Agar paanch saal se cigarette pine ki himmat rakhte hoon toh nazre jhuka ke nahi, nazre mila ke bolne ki bhi himmat rakho Aziz."
("If you have the courage to smoke cigarettes for 5 years, then have the courage to look me in the eye and speak as well, Aziz.")

Before Khalid Nader could say anything else to Aziz, he heard his wife Zaina's voice. Khalid Nader responded to Zaina and then looked at Aziz, saying, "For now, your uncle and his family are here. We'll talk about this matter calmly after they leave.

"And today, Khalid Nader entered his room to find Aziz lost in thoughts. Being Concerned, he asked "Aziz, what have you been up to lately", while sitting opposite to him. Aziz, seemingly replied while sipping his tea, "Apni Mehbooba ko yaad kar raha hoon."