Chapter : 3 - Wahin Aankhen

It was Saturday morning, the sky was clear, the scent of flowers filled the air, and the sound of people chatting was everywhere.

Some were engrossed in their books, while others sat with friends drinking coffee and chatting. Some were enjoying the fragrance of flowers.

The cafeteria was beautifully decorated, outside of the shop covered with flowers, and inside, the walls were lined with books, and comfortable couches were placed around. There were many windows, offering a beautiful view outside.

After cleaning all those books, Uns was waiting for Usman's arrival. After a while, Usman entered the cafeteria. He greeted Uns and stood in front of her. Uns gave him a slight smile upon seeing him and asked him in a slightly scolding tone,

"Usman, where were you? You're here so late, it's already 9 o'clock. Are you thinking of taking the day off?" Usman smiled back and replied, "No, Appi, it's nothing like that. It's just Saturday, so there's no college. I just woke up late." Then Uns said to him, "If you want to take the day off today, you can.

Anyway, I don't have college today either, so I'll be here all day." Usman listened to all her words, "I can take it? ," he asked. Then after a little thought, he said again, "No, no, it's okay. I'll stay here appi. Besides, I don't have anything special to do if I go home." Uns smiled and teasingly said, "Don't worry, I won't cut your salary. Go and enjoy."

Usman chuckled upon hearing her words.Then Usman said to Uns in the same manner, "Alright Appi, if you insist so much, I'll leave. After all, one should listen to their elders' advice ." Then Uns lightly tapped his shoulder and said, "Yaah Allah, Usman, you're such a drama queen." Will you drink coffee?" she added.

Usman nodded in agreement, both of them sat while pouring coffee. Just then, Uns noticed someone sitting in the corner of the cafeteria, facing the open window, his face not visible. But Uns noticed the table, there was no cup or cookies, just a book he was reading. Seeing this, Uns said, "Oh Usman, I forgot to ask that customer for coffee. You stay, I'll go ask."

As Uns was about to get up to leave, Usman stopped her, saying, "Appi, that person doesn't drink coffee." Surprised, Uns asked him, "Do you know him?" Usman replied, "I don't know him personally, but he comes here every day, sits at the same spot, reads books, and leaves just a few minutes before you arrive in the evening."

"Oh accha" Uns then again said, "Even so, what harm is there in asking again?" Usman replied, "I've asked him many times, Appi. "Unhone bade hein tameez seh kahan ki, unhe coffee jaisi faltu chize nahi pasand, wo sirf chai pite hai". (He politely said he doesn't drink coffee, only tea.") Upon hearing this,

Uns suddenly felt angry, and in her angry tone, she said, "People like him shouldn't come to the cafeteria then. I understand he likes tea, but that doesn't mean he should disrespect special things like coffee. I was finding him interesting just a minute ago, but hearing about his attitude towards coffee has ruined my impression towards him."

Usman calmly listened to all of Uns's complaints while sipping his coffee, as if he is been used to her short-tempered nature. After a while, Usman and Uns finished their coffee. By then, Uns's anger had cooled down. Usman left the cafeteria, and just then,

Ezeh entered the cafeteria and went straight to Uns, hugging her tightly.
Ezzeh, you're here?" Uns said, smiling and surprised. Ezzeh, excitedly placing her mini bag on Uns's counter, replied, "Yes, madam, I'm here to see you." Uns chuckled and asked, "To see me?" Then Ezzeh said,

"No, not really, why will I just came here to see you. I came to your cafeteria for a cup of coffee. Can I have one?" Uns, looking at her, said with a professional demeanor, "Yes, madam, Uns Reza is at your service. Which type of coffee do you prefer?" Ezzeh laughed at Uns's formal tone and said, "Just a regular coffee, please."

Uns gestured for her to sit on one of the couch and went to prepare her coffee. After a while, she returned with the coffee for Ezzeh, placing it on her table. Ezzeh was sitting a bit away from that man's table. She placed the coffee on Ezzeh's table and sat beside her.

Seeing Uns's smiling face, Ezzeh asked, "Wow, it seems like the sun rose from a different direction today. Uns Reza, who always has a frown on her face, is so happy today? Is there any special reason? And what about your "Bhegairat insaan"? Did you see him again or not?"

Upon hearing the term "bhegairat insaan", Aziz suddenly turned around and spotted two girls back of him. He wondered, Bhegairat yaani mai, yeh lafz toh sirf meri red scarf ne kaha tah, iska matlab in dono meh seh koi ek meri mehbooba hai? (if this meant that either of them was his beloved because only his red scarf had used that term) , or if it was just his imagination. Aziz was muttering to himself.

Like every day, Aziz had come to the cafe today too, and since it was Saturday, there were many people around. Without looking around, he straight away sat in his usual spot and got engrossed in reading a book.

He was so immersed in his book that he was oblivious to his surroundings. Suddenly, he started hearing the voices of two girls behind his table. At first, he didn't pay attention to their conversation, but when one of the girls used the term "bhegairat insaan," he couldn't believe it.

He turned around abruptly, but unfortunately, he couldn't see their faces; he could only see their backs. One had covered her head with a scarf, and the other girl's hair was open. Then he began to listen to their conversation.

When Ezzeh asked her about that person, Uns who had been smiling until now suddenly became sad, and in that sadness, she said, "No, I haven't seen him since that day. Maybe he's not from here, because his eyes were dark ocean blue, devil sharp eyes, which are very rare among people in India.

His complexion was fair, and his clothes weren't decent too. He wore blue ripped jeans, a white shirt with the buttons undone, his hair was messy, and he was wearing boots." Ezzeh was shocked to hear her words, and she asked with great emphasis,

"Did you really observe his eyes, his clothes, so carefully Uns? What's wrong with you"? Uns gently tapped her shoulder and said in a soft voice, "Are you crazy, Ezzeh? Why are you saying this so loudly?"

They were chatting casually about him, unaware that he was literally listening to their every conversation while smiling. Aziz still couldn't believe it. The girl he used to wait for every day was now sitting behind him and talking about him. There was nothing on Aziz's face except for a big smile.

Now he just wanted to see her, but unfortunately, before he could do so, the two girls left the table.

He heard the girl wearing the scarf handing the bag to the other girl and leaving with the girl with open hair, saying, "Be careful, Ezzeh, let's meet at home in the evening."

That's when Aziz realized that the girl who covered her head was indeed his Mehbooba, and her name came to his mind, "Uns." So, my madam's name is Uns. Very beautiful name.

Aziz was about to get up from his table to go see her when she entered the cafe.
Nazre niche jhukaate hue, chote kadam liye counter ke paas jaa rahi thi, woh white kurta pehni hui, nazre abhi bhi niche hein teh, uske gulabi gaal peh ek halki si muskurahat chalak rahi tih, haath coffee ke cups uthane mein masruf teh, aur phir usne apni nazre upar uthayi, tab aziz neh uski aankhen dekhi, usne apni zindagi mein kabhi kisi ko itna khubsurat nahi dekha, uske baal ke sirf thode zulf nazar aarahe teh,

Saara sar dupatte seh dhaka hua tah, aur usne phir seh uski aankhe dekhi, wahi aanke jisne use uska bana diya tah, wahi aankhen jisne uski need chain sab leli tih, wahin aankhen jisne aziz ko apne important lectures bunk karne peh majboor kar diya tah, Wahi aankhen, wahi aankhen.

(Lowering her gaze, taking small steps towards the counter. She was wearing a white kurta, still keeping her eyes down. A slight smile played on her rosy cheeks as she busied herself with lifting coffee cups. Then, she raised her eyes, and at that time,

Aziz looked into her eyes. He had never seen anyone so beautiful in his life. Only a few strands of her hair were visible, the rest covered by her scarf. He gazed into her eyes again, the same eyes that made him her's, the same eyes that had stolen his peace and sleep, the same eyes that had forced him to skip his important lectures. Wahin aankhen, wahin aankhen).

Thank you so much for reading📖
Have a great Weekend ❤