Chapter : 6 - Mulaqaat

It was Sehri time, and everyone was seated at the dining table in the Reza mansion, engulfed in silence, with only the sounds of spoons and forks clinking.

Hassan Reza sat at the head table, with Amira and Sahara to his right, and Uns to his left. The dining table was very long, with only four people eating silently, The maids were serving them dishes.

The one who was eager to converse with Hassan was now sitting next to Hassan but hadn't uttered a word to him yet.
Uns finished her meal in silence and went to her room, her face devoid of any expression.

Hassan, seeing Uns after so many days, wanted to talk to her, but he remembered their conversation from the previous night, so he too ate his meal in silence and headed to his room.

At the same time, Amira and Sahara both were observing this silent demeanor of father and daughter. The stubbornness was equal in both, one being as determined as the other.

Entering Uns's room, Sahara made another attempt to remind her that the Nader family would be coming over for iftar tomorrow. With that, Sahara stated her reminder and left the room.

"Aziz, wake up, it's time for Sehri, please get up." Zaina was waking Aziz up for Sehri. Aziz, in a sleepy voice, said to his mother, "Ammi, you know I don't fast, nor do I believe in these things, so please don't bother me." Saying this, Aziz went back to sleep.

Every year, the same thing happens; Aziz doesn't have faith in Islam. Khalid tried hard to explain to him. He wanted to save his child from the paths of deviation, but Aziz had become so addicted to the luxuries and comforts of life that he forgot to be grateful to the God who had given him all this.

Laughter echoed through the halls of the Reza mansion as Khalid Nader arrived with his wife and elder son, Aziz. Khalid Nader and Hassan Reza were business partners, with Hassan managing his hospital and his father's business.

They were also longtime business friends. Today, Hassan was at home to engage in conversation with Khalid Nader.

Aziz was anxiously looking around, wanting to catch a glimpse of Uns. Despite not believing in these things, he had come along just to see her.

While his parents were conversing with each other, Aziz's gaze was fixed on one person who hadn't arrived yet.

A little while later, Sahara came downstairs, and Zaina embraced her, Sahara sat beside her. Aziz saw Sahara and approached her, sitting a bit away from her.

Then, in a quiet voice, he asked Sahara, "Where is your elder sister?" Sahara seemed shocked because she wondered why Aziz was asking about her sister.

Before Sahara could say anything, Zaina asked Amira, "Amira, where is Uns? She hasn't come downstairs yet? It's time for iftar, call her downstairs." Amira, giving an awkward smile, replied, "Oh Zaina, well, Uns is not at home."

Upon hearing this, Aziz's happiness vanished instantly. He had been driving, smiling at the thought of her and planning what to say when he met her, but upon hearing Amira's words, he sat there motionless like a statue.

Amira continued, "Uns went to visit one of her friends. She had received an invitation there earlier."

Once again, a silence fell over the room. This time, Hassan broke the silence with a smile, saying, "Let's sit down for prayer." After iftar, everyone prayed together before engaging in conversation once again.

Amidst all this, there was one person who wasn't happy at all, the one he had come for wasn't there. Then, Aziz's gaze fell on Sahara, who had become silent during the time. He gestured Sahara to come to the lounge with him, and she quietly accompanied him.