Chapter : 15 - Nader Mansion Visit

"I said to Sahara, 'Sahara, listen, let's go

to Nader's mansion.'

She instantly got up and asked, 'What?
Where are we going?'

'Nader's mansion,' I said again with a smile.

'No... We are not going. You are going, appi. I am sleepy now,' she said and went back to sleep.

'Sahara, get up. We are going right now. Freshen up fast. I will be waiting downstairs,' I insisted.

'But why do you want to go there, appi?' she asked in her still sleepy voice.

'I want to meet Zaina aunty and even give her kheer made by ammi. Moreover, it wouldn't be good if we send servants to give the kheer to them. So come down fast,'

I said and left her room. Uff, I took a deep breath. Finally, she agreed. I too don't understand why on earth I'm doing all this. I was waiting in my car for her to come. It's already 09:30;

He will be up soon. I... I mean, Zaina aunty will be up. After around 15 minutes, Madam finally showed up. We reached the Nader mansion. I went in, but couldn't see anyone except the servants."

"We went in to see Zaina aunty working in the kitchen. Sahara went behind her and placed her hands over aunty's eyes.

Zaina aunty then turned towards us.
'Mashallah, my two daughters together in my house,' she said, surprised and happy.

She came towards me and warmly embraced me, saying, 'So good to see you both here.'

I smiled and asked about her whereabouts, then gave her the kheer that I insisted my mother make.

She took it and placed it on the kitchen counter, telling us to sit while she'd join us soon after making breakfast for Aziz.

'What are you making, aunty?' I asked, seeing her cutting raw vegetables.

'I am making breakfast for Aziz, beta,' aunty said."

'He eats raw vegetables for breakfast?', I asked, being curious

'Arrey, don't ask me,' aunty replied, 'he is a dramatic son. One day he needs full non-vegetables, the next day, he needs vegetables.'

Aunty was telling about her son's antics. I listened as she finished cutting the vegetables. Then she placed the container on the stove, pouring milk into it, maybe to make him tea, I guessed.

'If you don't mind, shall I make the tea, aunty?' I asked her.

'Ahh... You know how to make it, beta?' aunty asked hesitantly.

'Yes, of course. Can I?' I asked, waiting for a positive response. She hesitantly said yes.

'Thank you,' I said and started making tea for our 'shahjahan'."