Chapter Nine

I walked straight to the bathroom, and changed when I heard my phone vibrate on the table.

======

From: Levy-chan

Sorry Lu-chan can't walk with you today! I didn't know that Gajeel was waiting in front of our house to walk me to school! So sorry! >.<

======

Tsk.

======

To: Levy-chan

It's TOTALLY okay! I'll just walk to school ALONE :) No need to be sorry cause you know, I can handle myself ALONE. You don't have to be GUILTY about it!

======

You fiend!

======

From: Levy-chan

Kyah! I'll make it up to you! Promise!

======

I stopped texting and started preparing for school.

Ugh. I really need to get ready.

As I walk out of our gate, I found myself staring at an onyx eyed salmon headed idiot leaning on a post where I left him yesterday.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed.

"Waiting for you." he smiled innocently.

I sighed heavily.

"You didn't have to."' I say monotonously.

"But, I wanted to." he says with pure confidence.

We walked slowly in a comfortable silence.

"Here..." he spoke up and handed me a box with a note and a toy.

I looked at him like what-was-I-supposed-to-do-with-that face.

"Well, for the box of chocolate you can eat it and for the bear... keep it..." he says while blushing.

He briefly looked at me somehow expectant and looked down dejected.

I looked at the note and it says, Smile for me, please. I really want you to be my friend :)

Oops.

I forgot.

I sighed heavily.

"I'll give you a hint." I started off making him look at me sternly showing that he was taking this way too seriously.

"I'm not materialistic." I said firmly.

Silence.

"Wha- That's it? That's the only clue I get?" he says looking disappointed.

"Natsu... Not all people's smile or happiness can be bought." I say in a calm manner.

"Okay... I'm desperate here... Tomorrow's the last day, you know?" he said, sounding upset.

Oh.

Tomorrow's the judgement day...

"It's okay. Just think outside the box." I encouraged him.

I'm sure you'll get it. You are a nice person, after all.

-Time skip: sixth class-

"Alright minna, I wanted you to paint an abstract collage that reflects what TIME meant for you and I'd like for you to explain the significance of what you drew in front of the class afterwards." Reedus-sensei declared causing some students to groan.