Chapter Twenty Two

Right after class, I went straight to the bathroom and changed to my light blue dress and let my hair fall to my waist.

Removing my glasses and applying a small amount of makeup, I looked at the mirror completely satisfied.

I ran towards the front gate and found Romeo looking down on his phone, just a few walks away from his family car.

"Romeo, where art thou, Romeo?" I jested, when I was a few inches away from him.

He looked up and smiled brilliantly.

"Lucy-nee!" he grinned and kissed my cheeks then tackled me for a hug.

"Nice to see you again, Little Romeo!" I smiled widely.

"Where would you like to go first?" I asked as I grabbed his hand kissed his hair.

"Let's go eat first, Lucy-nee!" he cried happily.

"Of course, let's go!" I smiled.

We walked into the cafeteria and found that there were a small amount of students left in school.

They were staring at Romeo and me.

"Are they siblings?" someone chattered.

"Maybe the girl will be transferring to our school." Someone squeaked.

"She looks hot." someone conversed.

"I'd like to be her friend, if ever she transfers. She has the looks to be popular!" someone dreamed.

My face was probably blank and I felt Romeo tensed.

I composed myself for Romeo's sake.

We walked straight to the line and ate happily, no longer allowing ourselves to get distracted by this lowlife people who only feeds on rumors or gossips.

"Lucy-nee, don't they know who you are?" Romeo asked.

I shook my head and leaned on his ear.

"Let me tell you a secret, I pretended to be a nerd in this school." I whispered and he giggled.

"Lucy-nee, you didn't have to pretend! You really are a nerd!" he chortled.

"Mou..." I pouted and crossed my arms.

"You're an extremely beautiful, talented, and a kind nerd!" he cheered and kissed my cheeks and I hugged him.

I held his hand and we walked straight to the Art room.

It's a good thing Makarov-oji san allowed us to go to any room we wished and use the materials!

"Can you paint something for me, Lucy-nee?" he asked sounding hopeful.

"Of course anything for you, silly!" I chuckled.

"What would you like me to paint?" I queried.

"Whatever is on your mind right now!" he cheered.

I pulled my hair up to a messy bun and took a brush plus canvass.

I hummed while thinking of what to paint.

"Give me some ideas, Romeo. My mind's literally blank right now!" I sighed exasperatedly.

"How about your favorite place in the world?" he asked giving off some ideas.

"That's right! I'll let you guess where this place is!" I applauded.

I painted a grassy field with a huge crooked tree. I drew a sunset on the background and dandelions on the grassy field. I drew the trees slowly withering and the sky about to show the stars. I drew two swings on the tree branch and some small hints of hills on the background beneath the sunset.

With a little bit of pastel effect, I stopped painting and allowed it to dry for a bit.

I looked towards Romeo who's staring at the painting intently.

He walked to my side and brushed his fingers on the painting, softly gazing at it.

"Who could ever, not recognize such place, Lucy-nee..." he sighed with admiration and I smiled.

I leaned on Romeo's shoulder and smiled.

"Who could ever?" I responded.

He pats my head smoothly.

"This is amazing Lucy-nee. It looks like the real thing." Romeo smiled sincerely.

"Yeah." I remarked.

"Only missing was a guy kneeling down to a girl asking for marriage!" he teased.

"Why, you!" I chased him as he dashed outside.

When I grabbed a hold of him, I gave him a light smack on the back of his head and kissed his cheeks.

"Thanks Romeo, for being here." I said as I smiled at him naturally.

"Would you like to keep the painting?" I asked and he nodded.

I fixed my hair real quick and took his hand then led him back to the art room.

We grabbed the painting and placed on his car.

He asked the driver to go home because he decided to stay home with me tonight.

We walked more throughout the school- showing him the garden, pool, and we finally stopped at the music room.

I danced with him inside the room, twirling him from time to time.

Until my eyes landed on the piano.

"Lucy-nee, can you play the piano for me please?" Romeo asked.

I nodded in understanding and sat down then played the keys, looking for the rightful notes.

"Oh and this time, sing for me!" Romeo commanded and he positioned himself next to me.

I don't see why not?

I nodded solemnly.

When I found the notes, I began to play continuously.

This is for you and him.

1