Chapter Twenty Five

I felt Romeo grabbed my hand and we ran like hell.

I snapped back to reality and felt my blood slowly drained to my face.

"This is not happening." I chanted quietly over and over again.

Natsu ran with us, not knowing what's going on.

"Natsu, can you take us to our meadow?" I asked him in a rushed tone and he nodded.

We all quickly sat on his car escaping the crowed who tried to take some pictures.

"Lucy, tell me what just happened there?" Natsu asked sternly.

Romeo looked at me in confusion.

"Nee-san, you never told him?" he asked hesitantly.

"Tell me what?" Natsu persevered.

"Natsu, I'll tell you everything about who I really am but, could you just get us to the meadow first?" I pleaded.

He nodded and stayed silent.

We arrived on the park and Natsu piggybacked Romeo without any word.

"Nee-san, where are we going?" Romeo asked warily.

"The place Natsu defeated me in a challenge." I winked at Natsu and he blushed frantically.

"Whoa! Nee-san, you? Defeated? That's the first I heard of it, after a long time!" Romeo complimented.

"You give me so much credit than I deserved, little Romeo." I chortled then I took my phone and texted my mom that we'll be coming home late tonight.

Then we have arrived at our mini meadow.

I slumped on the grassy field and held my legs to my chest.

It's chilly.

Stars shining above.

Grass is swooshing when the wind blew.

I watched Romeo scrutinizing the view in awe.

I shivered as I felt the breeze caress my skin.

I suddenly felt a cloth, enveloping me from behind and I looked up to see Natsu lightly covering his jacket on my back.

I smiled at him and remembered why we were here in the first place.

"Natsu, it's the right time for you to know who I really am." I started as I gestured him to sit beside me.

I sighed heavily and looked at him genuinely.

"Hi, my name is Lucy." I shoved my hand out to his direction and flashed a cheeky grin then he turned to me confused and was about to shake my hand but I spoke up.

"Lucy Heartfilia." I finished and watched his hand stopped approaching mine.

"What?" He looked at me in incredulity.

"I'm Lucy Heartfilia. The only daughter of Jude and Layla Heartfilia. The heiress of the Heartfilia conglomerate." I said nervously and he just remained quiet.

"I still can't believe you failed to let him know that you're a Heartfilia, Lucy-nee!" Romeo scolded.

"I hated him at first, thinking that he only befriended you because you're an heiress." He added.

"Romeo, you must know that the Dragneel's are on top as the richest empire in Japan." I reprimanded him.

"Natsu-nii, you're a Dragneel?" he gasped and Natsu nodded blankly.

I screwed up.

"Still nee-san, to hide the fact you're the richest person in the world, for a very long time! I'm impressed!" he applauded.

I saw Natsu flinched and I mouthed Romeo 'not now!'

My hands were still hanging as it waits for Natsu's response to my friendship request, as the real me.

"I'm sorry for not telling you." I whispered in defeat.

"It's just that I'm scared. You're the second guy best friend that I've ever had after a long time and I was so scared of losing you." I started to sob and Natsu isn't moving or saying anything.

"I-I'm scared of losing someone like you. Y-You were the one who brought me back to my cheery self and every day I found your existence really valuable and priceless." I sniffed.

"T-Trust me, I really wanted to tell you everything about me but I looked at the possibilities that you may actually have a reason to leave me. Mainly because of trust." I paused to catch some air.

"I once lost a great friend when he turned his back on me. That loss brought too much sorrow in my life and I thought that I was going to be scarred for life, but then you came and changed me for the better. I don't know if I can ever handle losing you. I'll trade anything just to not lose another precious friend of mine. Please forgive me." I bawled and I heard Romeo cry beside me then hugged me by my shoulders.

Romeo whimpered at my side then squeezed me tightly one last time before walking away to give me space.

I suddenly felt a two warm hands holding my cheeks, making me look up to him.

"I forgive you. Please don't cry." He pleaded as his warm breath blew across my face.

I looked at him straight in the eyes, while allowing my tears to overflow.

"So, this is the honest side of the one and only Lucy Heartfilia." He smirked and took my right hand then shook it.

"My name's Natsu Dragneel. Nice to meet you, Lucy!" he greeted showing his wide toothy grin.

"Nice to meet you, Natsu!" I smiled sincerely.

"Can you be my friend, Lucy-san?" he asked cautiously.

"Of course, idiot! Call me Lucy!" I smiled from ear to ear.

"Best friends, then?" he asked.

"Yes!" I exclaimed happily as I jumped him for a hug and kissed his cheek as we fell on the grassy field.

We looked at each other in the eyes and burst out laughing.

Then when our laughter died down, we sat on fields one more time and he looked at me seriously in the eyes.

"I like you." He says sincerely and passionately.

"Silly, of course I like you too!" I cheered and he sighed in defeat then shook his head.

"Stupid Lucy..." he mumbled as he stood up and pulled me up along with him.