Chapter Fifty Six

A week after our business trip from Italy, Natsu would usually stay in my house or office.

He'd sometimes work in my office, and the only way for him to go to his company is if he has to attend an important meeting.

"I want to go home." He complained, still typing reports on his computer, beside me.

"You need to finish this, today. If you want to go on a date tomorrow." I chuckled, eating an apple, on the desk.

I just finished my work.

"If you like, we could postpone tomorrow's date."' I teased, playfully, and he groaned.

"Not a chance!" He growled, doubling his speed-typing, and I chuckled.

"Make sure your typing the right reports, Natsu." I giggled and he nodded seriously, re-reading his report.

After sometime, Natsu finally finished his reports and walked over to me.

"Let's go home?" he asked, leaning over my shoulder to catch a glimpse of the blueprint I'm working on while I was waiting for him to finish.

I looked up and flashed him a bright smile.

"Sure." I nodded and he grabbed my hand then walked outside the office.

As always, we work from afternoon to midnight.

"Want to grab some coffee, before heading home?" he offered and I nodded, enthusiastically.

We walked towards his car, and he led us to a 24/7 café near the office.

Surprisingly, there are a number of couple inside the said coffee shop.

Seriously?

It's like 3:21am.

Then, there it was.

We were standing in the middle of the café.

And, the buzzing started.

"Isn't that her? The heiress of a well-known family?" someone gossiped.

"Oh. Are they dating? Isn't that Natsu? I'm jealous!" someone squealed.

I tensed.

Only close friends and family knows, that Natsu and I are dating.

It was my idea to keep our relationship platonic, as possible.

I didn't want our social status to interfere in our relationship.

"Can't be helped. Must be a planned marriage or something. Two of the richest personalities in the world. Together?" someone scoffed, bitterly, and I pursed my lips.

"They must be using each other, for company benefit or preserve their wealth." Someone whispered loudly, and my tears started falling.

I know that, that wasn't true.

But, I couldn't help it.

I started sniffing and sobbing, then Natsu covered my face with his jacket.

"Don't listen to their nonsense." He whispered, soothingly, slipping me in his warm arms.

When I calmed down, I removed the jacket from my face and wiped the tears away.

I smiled at him and he mirrored my smile.

He, then, faced the crowd gossiping about us.

Glaring at them, he evens his breathing and relaxed.