Chapter Forty Four

Natsu POV

"When you left, twelve years ago, I was always hanging out with Gray. When you left, Gray became my substitute best friend. My dad and Uncle Silver were close. I was desperate of finding you back, then. Devastated that you left without warning. I became the snobbish brat I used to become, before I met you. I was a kid and took the word marriage, lightly. I told Gray, that when the time comes and I found the girl who owns the other half of my anklet, she's the one I'd surrender myself to." I started off.

"A year later, I found a girl lost in the middle of town. She has a snow colored hair and she was innocent. She made me smile and laugh again. I was 7 years old then. On the same year, my mom died. She never left my side. Lisanna became my strength to wake up each morning. My snotty side never left, though." I continued and held her hand.

"We did everything together. I completely forgot about that friend, who left me without any warning. I focused on Lisanna. 3 years of friendship, I confessed my feelings for her. At first, she hesitated, but I challenged her for 3 months." I paused and turned to look at Lucy, who's frowning.

I hate making her feel like this.

"Would you like me to continue?" I asked warily and she nodded, her eyes just stared at the ground.

"After 3 months, she agreed to be my girlfriend. We were young and childish. We kept our relationship a secret. Only Gray knows, about our relationship. For the first 4 months. Lisanna pestered me, about ideas of marriage and our future together. She kept on asking me, whether I love her or not. All those time, I kept on telling her that I do love her. On our first anniversary, being officially together, I proposed for marriage. As I told you, I took the word marriage, carelessly." I sighed, disappointed with myself.

"I was eleven and she was so happy. I thought that if I give her what she was asking from me, that she would be happy." I paused and she just looked so interested that I had to continue.

"Two years after proposing marriage, she left. All I received was a note. Telling me to wait for her, and she followed her dreams of being a designer in New York. She said it was a once in a lifetime chance. Mira was the one who supported her. You could say that we were both left by the ones we loved at the same age." I told her the story.

"I was thirteen when she left. Around that year, you must've been twelve. Five years. She left me empty for the first two years waiting for her return. I could have easily followed her there, but she refused to provide any contact information about her. Now, she's asking for a second chance..." I grunted.

"I've got to admit, I do have feelings for her, still. She was my first girlfriend, after all.' I confessed and Lucy nods in understanding.

"I'll understand if you pick her over me. You've waited for her, for so long." Lucy smiled weakly and I hugged her.

"I'm sorry. It's just that when she came back, all the memories we had together, flowed all around me." I admitted and she nods.

"I understand. If I were you, I would have felt the same. If Sting walks in that door right now, I'd probably jump in his arms without any second thoughts." She confessed, making me feel tensed.

If he was alive, would she have left me?

I shrugged the thought off.

"Thanks for understanding, Lucy." I smiled and hugged her.

"It's okay. I'll still be your friend." She whispered through the hug, and somehow that hurts.

We turned to look at the watch.