Chapter Thirty Nine

Natsu POV

"Lisanna?"

The girl in question looked up and smiled brilliantly.

She stood up, not caring that she was bumped and ran towards me then hugged me.

"I missed you, Natsu!" she said and kissed me in surprise.

The kiss was one-sided. I'm still in shock.

I pulled away and she gazed at my eyes questioningly.

"What are you doing here, Lisanna?" I questioned as I try to look behind her for Lucy.

She was no longer there and I sighed heavily.

"Natsu... I'm sorry for leaving you! Please forgive me?" she asked with her puppy dog eyes.

"What happened? You didn't even try to contact me!" I shouted at her and she flinched.

"Forgive me, please! I had to nurse Elfman since he was having a hard time coping up with his heartbreak!" she explained.

"Lisanna, that's not an excuse! How could you just leave me, and come back like nothing happened?" I raged.

"Please, Natsu. Mira-nee barely visits us since she has to work for us. After five years, I struggled without you by my side. Finally, after a couple of years of hard work, I was able to support myself and my family with my dream job! Now, we can be together!" she cried.

"Lisanna, that's not how it works... You left me and I had no idea whether we're still together or not." I fumed.

"Please Natsu... Give us another chance. A second chance please! Please!" she begged on her knees while crying desperately.

"Lisanna, stand up!" I growled and tried to pull her up but she refuses.

"Please forgive me! Please! Natsu, I love you!" She cried.

Those were the words, I was longing to hear.

But not from her.

I wanted to hear it desperately, from the person who mended my heart with her smile and laugh.

Stop fantasizing, idiot. She already gave up on you!

Stop ruining the moment!

"Lisanna, stand up. Please? I've already moved on from you." I begged and shook her head repeatedly.

"Please Natsu, another chance. Please... Even for just 3 months. The same challenge you gave me. I gave you a shot before, didn't I? Please... Let's just try!" she beseeched dreadfully.

Three months.

Without Lucy.

But we already broke up.

Stupid, there was never a 'we'. You were just best friends, remember?

Ugh! Brain, you need to learn how to stop that sarcasm of yours or I'll make sure to bash you to pieces!

Then you'll die, moron!

So be it!

(Silence inside thoughts)

Finally.

I looked at Lisanna, who was still begging on her knees at the ground and I surrendered.

"Fine. 3 months. Let's give us a second chance." I sighed in defeat.

She finally stood up and hugged me.