2.

A/N: If you're seeing this it means my sister liked the first chapter.

Marjorie's POV.

We both got into his car, knowing how temperamental my car is we'll be waiting forever just for it to start up.

"So if you're with me..." Reese started pulling out of the car park "Who have you left in charge?"

"I left Charlotte in charge, she's the only one I can trust with my nursery when I'm out."

"Hm, I wouldn't say she's the only one." He stated looking over at me briefly before looking back at the road in front of him.

"Who would you have picked then?" I asked, intrigued. Charlotte is the only one who's responsible enough to take proper care of a nursery in my opinion and even she gets a little overwhelmed.

"I reckon Carly could do it, she's brilliant with the kids and a natural leader." He answered."Really? She's only 17 I think the craziness of all the kids on her own would push her to a mental breakdown." I said. "Not to mention the parents, I know they push me to a mental breakdown."

Chucking softly, he replied "Carly thrives in chaos. She loves to be right in the middle of all the gossip and drama, you have to be strong for that. I think she'd have no problems with all the craziness or putting parents in their place."

"That's true." I smiled, how did he already know Carly so well? "Where are we even going?" I asked, suddenly realising we've been driving in circles for the last 5 minutes.

"I don't know. I've just been driving you around because you looked like you needed a break from everything going on back there." We stopped and he looked at me, like he knew everything that was going on inside of me. I smiled and looked down at my hands, fiddling with them.

"Thank you." I said to him, still looking at my hands. I didn't know what else to say, he could tell something was wrong on the phone and got me out when I needed it. I've never had this before.

"You don't need to thank me Marjorie." He grabbed my hand gently over the console and ran his thumb over the back of it. "Are you hungry? Or do you wanna keep driving around? We can also go back to the nursery if you want to."

"Yeah, I could go for a bit of food." I finally looked up at him. Truthfully, I was starving because I had to skip breakfast but I wasn't about to let Reese know that. Maybe he does already, he knows everything else.

"McDonald's?" He questioned. I nodded looking down at our hands and blushing. I cannot tell Autumn, she will mock me endlessly. Reese never took his hand away from mine the whole time he was driving, I never knew he could be so sweet. Just as we were about to pull up in the drive through and Reese spoke,

"Before you say anything I've had fair warning from Carly about how you are with paying for your food, I'm buying and I don't want any arguments." I was speechless. Carly and Reese talk about me?

"Carly gave you a fair warning did she?"

"Yes she did. Now what do you want to eat?" He looked straight at me, holding eye contact. How am I supposed to speak?

I cleared my throat. "Um...20 chicken nuggets and a coke."

"You sure that's all you want?" I nodded in response, he didn't look all that convinced but accepted it anyway. Reese ordered and paid while I tried to catch my breath, he makes me so flustered and the eye contact has me weak. But I had to try my best to act normal, I cannot have him know how much of an effect he has on me.