17.

Marjorie's POV

Set a week after last chapter, Reese took Marjorie on holiday for a break away from everything. It wasn't said in the chapter but yk.

I finally arrived at work, Reese made me late. Again. After a week off you'd think he'd let me be on time my first day back. I put my coat and bag in my office I made my way to the baby room to find Charlotte, I need to talk to her.

"Char darling?" I call as I open the door.

"Yeah?" She turn around and smiles at me. "What can I do for you Marjorie?"

"I need to have a chat. Got 5 minutes?"

"Yeah." Char walks out the door before me and I ask Carly to cover her before following.

"What's up Marjorie?" Char half smiles.

"I know we probably weren't supposed to know but.. I heard you're leaving your husband and I just wanted to see if you're okay?" I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Oh. Well, um yeah yeah I'm fine." She scratches her head.

"Char-" I start but I get cut off but no one other than Mia herself.

"Charlotte darling, you coming?" She calls. I look at Charlotte.

"You're...with Mia?" I question carefully.

"Yes." She answers quietly. "I left my husband weeks ago. We're already divorced, I just haven't had the balls to tell anyone or to take of my ring... Mia found me drunk and crying the night I found out he cheated on me. She's been helping me ever since, I'm so sorry Marjorie but if you would just listen to what she has to say you'd know everything that happened wasn't her fault-" Charlotte rambles and I feel paralysed. One of my closest friends with my arch nemesis?

"No. No. No. Charlotte how? How could you? She's a horrible person you know that! Look at everything she did to me, Reese, Autumn!" I start shouting. I'm so angry right now.

"Marjorie please. Just hear us ou-" She puts her hand on my arm but I shove it off.

"No. Don't talk to me, I'm going home for today." I walk away from her. What the hell happened? I can hear Charlotte calling me but I just keep walking. I feel like I'm daydreaming.

I get back to the office and start grabbing my stuff getting ready to leave.

"Marj? What you doing?" Autumn says, clearly just getting in.

"I'm- I'm going home. I can't stay here." I try to leave but she stops me.

"Woah what happened?" She questions forcing me to sit down and look at her.

"Charlotte is with Mia. After everything I- I don't know." I feel like I can't breathe.

"What?! Are you serious right now?"

"Yeah. I went to see if she was okay after you told me about her husband last week. Then she told me, and it's been happening behind my back for weeks and I don't know how to feel. I want to go home."

"Okay. I'm gonna take you home. Are we calling Reese?" She grabs her bag again and links her arm with mine while we walk to her car.

"No no. It's fine I'll be fine. I just want to go home and be on my own for now." I whisper. We climb into her car and she starts driving to mine.

"Okay whatever you want. But I do have to say, and I'm on your side no matter what, maybe it's not the end of the world that Charlotte's with Mia? Maybe Char will be good for Mia and maybe Mia might change. Maybe Mia is good for Char even though she's a terrible person. People can be terrible and still be good in some areas. I mean look at me, I'm terrible but I have you, I have a lovely boyfriend, I have friends and I'm good a my job. Just think about it." She finishes and I don't say anything back. There's nothing to say. We sit in silence until we get to my house.

"Thanks Autumn." I mumble then hop out the car and go inside. I hear her car drive off and I slam the door shut. I can't believe this. I leave for a week and... wait no it's been going longer than that. But maybe if I didn't leave for a week I'd have noticed it earlier?

What if Autumns right? Wait if they could be good together? But Mia's awful and Charlotte is so sweet. Char does look happier...but I mean Mia's been horrible to me and she's my friend right? She's meant to pick me right?

Maybe I should just give it a chance and see what happens. I'm stressing too much about this. I go upstairs and get changed into something more comfortable. I check the time and it's 11am, is it too early to drink? Nah never. I grab a bottle of wine and sit on my couch watching tv. If I'm gonna stress I might aswell stress drink.

Sorry this is terrible and short I've just not been feeling the best and it's distracting me from focusing but I just thought I'd get something out.

If my mialotte story isn't updated tonight(by 12am UK time) then it will be updated by tomorrow night.

888 words.