5. You Have Magic Healing Pills You Idiot

Kevin found a room in his skyscraper. He decided to look around and eventually found a door stop hidden under the mattress. With the door stop in place he literally couldn't pull the door open. Despite that, he leaned a chair in the room against the door knob and weighed the whole thing down with another kettlebell he purchased from the shop.

Kevin pulled up his status.

Status: Name Kevin Moses
Points: 14,511
Race: Human
Age: 19
Stats: Strength: 31 - 32
Endurance: 19 - 20
Recovery: 14
Soul: 13

Abilities: 4/7
Soul Tracker
Ki Cultivator Mortal Tier (Early)
Basic Shield Mastery (1/5)
Basic Axe Mastery (1/5)

Kevin stopped for a moment, he had to think back. Had he already gained a point of strength and endurance? He didn't feel like he had earned it but he also wasn't going to complain. He had to think back again to the notifications he had received. The golden morenkai had given him over 10,000 points. That felt like a lot, not even the other man had given him that much. He had killed two normal monsters and only received a little over ten points each for those. He wondered how much the bulky one would be worth. The golden one being worth so much was definitely a good thing. Suddenly Kevin stopped totally still and slapped himself in the forehead hard enough he thought probably left a handprint.

"You have magic healing pills you idiot." He pulled off his backpack, a special storage variety he purchased for 16,000 points, he started searching the pockets and the plain pack of the backpack until finally he reached into one of the outer pockets and pulled out one of many low tier healing pills he had purchased for 80 points each. He bought 20 of them and they have packed themselves quite neatly into the backpack storage. He could have taken one of those to help heal him up from the fight with the first morenkai. His back was still a bit sore from crashing into the wall.

Kevin popped one into his mouth and swallowed it down with a drink from the sink in the suite he was in. Immediately his back began to feel better and his body more relaxed. That was nice. Kevin might have to start taking one of these before every fight he found himself in. Kevin took everything out of his pack and the two rings. He had an almost identical mundane backpack, the maul, a shield, a long handled axe with a wicked looking head, the Advanced Mask and helmet he wore, the two guns, extra bullets, a bunch of low tier healing pills, a single higher tier healing pill and finally a vambrace. The vambrace was, by far, the most expensive thing he had purchased.

Weighted Vambrace 28,000 points

A special vambrace that, when worn, increases the speed that strength and endurance rise at the cost of energy.

This would help him get stronger faster. Kevin didn't know how long he had until more people showed up but all the evidence suggested that more people would come. When his family came, he wanted to be ready. He needed to be ready.

Kevin pulled out the ring from the shooter he had killed. Inside he found the rifle, a huge caliber military sniper rifle that Kevin felt unqualified to be holding. He also found a pair of daggers that didn't seem to be too exceptional, and some spare ammo for the rifle.

Then he checked the shoes. They looked like a particularly high ankled pair of Niki Air Jordans oddly enough, in primary white with gray accents. He opened the Shop and filtered by footwear, along with the mundane boots, shoes, sandals and other footwear, Kevin found an assortment of pretty neat artifacts. Some made you faster or able to run farther, some helped you jump higher. Some of the really expensive stuff looked like it would let you walk on walls. Kevin found the shoes the shooter had been wearing. Cloud Step Shoes. The description looked like it allowed someone to use energy to take steps on thin air. So that was how the shooter had got from their roof to the balcony.

Kevin looked at the shoes. He considered them for a moment, his size 12 feet were never going to fit in these much smaller shoes. Almost literally as he had the thought, the shoes started to grow. It was as if the moment he thought about putting them on, they adjusted to him. "Well that's fun." Kevin said aloud as he fit a shoe on over his dress socks. "They fit, they even feel like they are extra wide, nice." He checked the Shop description again and found that he could make the shoes look however he wanted, the default was the Niki Jordan knockoffs and for now, that would work as well as anything so Kevin kept it.

Kevin stopped as he was pulling the second shoe on. No way in all the hells of the layers was he going to spend literally one more minute in fucking regular army fatigues. He went into The Shop and purchased a bunch of black fatigue looking pants any mercenary would be proud of. He bought some gray, red and black long sleeve t-shirts, socks, underwear and tank tops, The Shop having a surprising variety of each. Kevin also picked up some mundane items, some things for weight lifting, some more rope, a chain, toiletries and some other mundane things.

Kevin also decided to look at as few other things too. He bought himself a relatively mundane bulletproof vest that was evidently supposed to be extra effective against larger caliber firearms. And he bought himself a bow. It was the cheapest in the shop, but still cost almost 800 points. Then he bought himself a bunch of really cheap arrows. The description even specified that they were for target shooting, so he got 50 of them for only 200 points.

The storage ring took in the rifle, the LMG, the pistol, the bow and arrows, the maul, axe, shield, chain, daggers and the two 100' dumbbells, which Kevin considered to be weapons considering his abilities. Despite the hundreds of pounds of equipment, the ring weighed the same as when it was empty. Everything that wasn't a weapon went into the pack, which did increase in weight but only a fraction of the actual weight. The 50 lbs kettlebell probably only increased the weight of the backpack by a few pounds. Kevin didn't mind because it turned out Light Heavy also let him treat the backpack like one thing, further reducing its weight.

Kevin felt his stomach protest and searched The Shop for some dinner. The food selection was more diverse than a mall food court. He hesitantly selected a salad, a medium rare steak commenting "Weird it even lets you adjust the 'doneness'," a couple bread rolls and ...

"... I'll be damned it wont let me buy a "Beer" to wash it down." Kevin said.

The food appeared on the table in the room, steaming hot for the steak and rolls and pleasantly cool for the salad, ice cold for the "soda". The dark soda was actually pretty good but closer to a Pepsi than the Coke Kevin preferred. Kevin ate, thinking about his day. Shortly after he finished eating the plate and bottle vanished.

He needed to search around more. The day felt overwhelming though, so even though it wasn't dark outside his room, and even though he had a list of things to worry about, Kevin laid down and went to sleep.