15. It's Here

Surprisingly, everything in Kevin's stats had increased by two points over the week he had been trying to get out of the cluster, even his recovery, and soul even increased one a pretty rare event comparatively. What was even more surprising was the improvement to both his Basic Shield and Basic Axe Mastery. Kevin hadn't checked his stats since the first ping Soul Tracker returned for Katie, so it could have been the fight with the horde outside the city.

Kevin was happy with the progress, but he couldn't enjoy it. With his mother and his sister in this world and him not knowing them safe, everything was but ash in his mouth.

The next day Kevin started a new or really a modified routine.

5am Wake up.
2 hour workout with vambrace, training with Light Heavy.
7am Recovery Potion and low-tier healing pill
Use Soul Tracker to check on mom and Katie
730 Training the recruits
930 Take Seekers out for Exit Searching and Morankai Hunting
4:30 Return
5:00 Solo Seeking or Guard Duty
9pm Meditation focusing on Cultivation then sleep.

The next several weeks saw Kevin clearing skyscraper after skyscraper after skyscraper with his Seeker. Everyone wanted to find the exit and look for their loved ones, but not everyone was willing to go to ground level to look for clues.

Kevin had requirements for his Seekers. They had to train hard enough to unlock one of the several weapon masteries, which with a competent teacher in himself, Lee, Nessar and Tammy they could select from 5 different instructors and open the ability up in a day or two of diligent training. They had to kill a morankai and bring Kevin its head. They had to swear to add Ki Cultivator once they collected enough points.

Cameron had introduced Kevin to the group the next day as a Seeker, they had outlined the expectations to join Kevin, including opening up a mastery and killing a morankai. One person on the first day met the requirements, the impressive example of dedication was a younger teen boy, maybe 14.

Less than three hours after listing the requirements, the teenager, a boy from Namibia named Trevor, had come back with two morankai heads, and spear mastery already opened. The boy hadn't had a lot of points, but mortal tier Ki Cultivator wasn't very expensive, so the boy had selected it out of point necessity, which ended up being to his great fortune as he was already stronger than many of the adult men in the second wave.

In the first week, only 12 people had managed to meet his requirements,

Kevin took them out each day where he helped them clear the skyscrapers beginning with the south eastern side of the cluster. One team of six would clear the floor of morankai then clear the rooms individually, bringing anything that looked odd to Kevin. While the first teams cleared the rooms, the second team would clear the floor below. While the second team was searching rooms, the first team would clear the floor below that.

Kevin would move between the floors alternating between helping the teams clear the floors and searching for any information on those floors. At first they only managed to clear two buildings a day, three if they were small enough.

After a week straight of Seeking, Kevin insisted on a rest day - though he did not rest himself clearing several skyscrapers alone. The following week they managed to clear three, sometimes four buildings, but also added several people to their ranks.

The third week they had enough people to modify routine. Ten Seekers went through and cleared the building, while the remaining ten Seekers searched the floors starting with the top. Once the Seekers at the bottom cleared the ground floor, a feat usually, but not always including Kevin, they would start searching from the top. They would meet the top group in the middle somewhere, transition to a new skyscraper and switch jobs. In this way they managed to clear six or eight a day.