10. One, Two, Three, Four

Kevin didn't make it back to his cluster before he allowed himself to touch down on the ground. By now, the morankai would be active again, and if they weren't he would make them active. He drank a recovery potion of his own design, and swallowed down a lower tier healing pill.

He touched down on the ground only a few hundred meters from the edge of the cluster. He saw the morankai pour from the buildings like locusts. He tapped his ring.

A heavy compound bow appeared in his hands. He tapped his ring while drawing his bow back and an arrow appeared on the bow. He infused the arrow with axe energy, activated Light Heavy to lighten it slightly and released the arrow. It flew true across the hundreds of meters and crashed into the horde approaching him. A morankai dropped and tripped up several others as they ran toward him.

Before the first arrow had even struck, Kevin had drawn, tapped his ring and fired another. And another. AND Another. "One, two, three, four." Kevin said. 

--- Points Obtained: Points 12 ---

--- Points Obtained: Points 13 ---

--- Points Obtained: Points 12 ---

--- Points Obtained: Points 11 ---

The morankai drew closer but Kevin continued to tap his arrows and fire on the creatures.

--- Points Obtained: Points 12 ---

--- Points Obtained: Points 11 ---

--- Points Obtained: Points 13 ---

--- Points Obtained: Points 11 ---

Kevin tapped his ring and stowed his bow. In the same motion he tapped both his armor ring and his storage ring. Glossy black armor that danced with prismatic light appeared on his body over his spandex athleticwear, a helmet closing over his head and face. He held out his hand and a medieval style halberd, a full 8 feet tall, with a 10 inch crescent axe head and six inch beak appeared in it.

He activated Light Heavy and the bulky plate armor weighed only slightly more than a light jacket and jeans. His halberd was lighter than a broom in his hands. He poured axe energy into the weapon and dashed forward.

He met the morankai with the grass waving around his shins and he reaped them like grass. He ignored the notifications of points as he took their heads or cut them in half.

He never stopped moving. Using the Cloud Step shoes to reposition if the grass slowed him too much. One strike, the halberd got caught in the short ribs of a morankai. Rather than wrestle it out, he tapped his ring and stored it. A morankai took advantage of the opening and struck at him. Kevin didn't even bother to pull a shield, why did he need a shield? What was a suit of armor but a shield for each part of the body.

Kevin infused his armor, from his wrist to his shoulder, with shield energy. The morankai's blow landed on Kevin's arm as if it were striking a century old oak, before it could swing again, Kevin tapped his ring and pulled out a two headed battle axe and a single bladed battle axe.

The twin blade was enchanted to freeze with each strike, the single blade enchanted to scorch. Kevin took the head of the attacking morankai and then two steps with the Cloud Step Shoes, lopping the heads or two other morankai as he juked to the right.

With each strike, Kevin killed a normal morankai. With shorter weapons, Kevin was taking hits on his armor but his shield energy was enough to all but totally ignore the strikes. Kevin's frustrations were delivered upon the creatures with exacting punishment. All the while, Kevin approached the city, leaving bodies in his wake.

Just before he made it to the city, he saw three abnormal morankai enter his field of battle. Kevin wanted to reap them as he had the dozens of morankai he had just left to rot. Some sense stayed with Kevin though, just as he knew he wasn't going to make it to Katie's cluster, he knew he wasn't going to be able to kill three abnormals on open ground.

Kevin used his Cloud Step Shoes to start climbing, running at an angle up to the nearest balcony. His fight was over. He had entered the city. Alarmingly, the abnormals followed him up the building almost as quickly as they could have run the distance.

Kevin tapped his ring and stored his twin blade axe. He tapped it again and two hatchets appeared in his hands. Just as the first of the abnormals crested the lip of the balcony, Kevin threw both hatchets. They crashed into the creature, full of axe energy, one took off its right arm entirely, the other crashed into its chest. It didn't die but it was definitely delayed.

The other two came up behind their injured comrade. Kevin tapped a shield ring for the first time during the fight and a wood and brass tower shield appeared in his hand. The first morankai swung at Kevin with all the strength of Solomon, Kevin could hear the blow whistling through the air. He placed his shield on the ground, braced against his armored shoe, and activated Light Heavy to make it as heavy as a small car. The blow barley transferred through to Kevin.

The creature was not prepared for the follow up swing that cleaved it in two, the scorching axe burning the acidic blood off of it and cauterizing the wound in one stroke. The final abnormal leaped at Kevin, his tower shield was out of place. Kevin turned and the strike landed on the kite shield that matched his armor, the one he always wore on his back over his spatial backpack.

The morankai recovered quickly and made to grapple Kevin, wrapping its abnormally long arms around him. Kevin released his tower shield and his scorching axe, tapping his ring and pulling out a dagger. Daggers didn't hold axe energy even as well as the arrows did, but it would do the trick for now.

Kevin charged the dagger with axe energy and drove it into the creature's forearm. The arm exploded, the dagger being enchanted to pump air into any gash the weapon left. The creature fell back as gore rained over the balcony. Rather than take a moment to pick up his weapon, Kevin charged with the dagger. He stabbed again and again, the dagger biting deep into flesh and then shoving air widening the wound and exploding viscera out of the wound.

The first morankai, still down from the injuries left by the thrown hatchets, attempted to stand as Kevin approached. He tapped his ring and pulled out his old maul. It died as its head was crushed under a Light Heavy enforced blow.